Karnivool

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
Yeah I've been on a band finding kick today, anyways Karnivool is from Australia and they have a unique progressive sound. Its not exactly metal persay but it has metal influence from bands like The Devin Townsend Band, Meshuggah, and Tool in the music, sometimes the music and vocals remind me of non-metal bands like Incubus and other Alternative bands. They are a solid act to my ears though and I think they deserve some recognition because they possess boat loads of talent.

www.myspace.com/karnivool

I'd definitely suggest taking a look at their videos on their myspace page for a decent bit of humor.

Wow. Two cheers for open-mindedness!

One of the premier progressive metalheads of the mid-90s* first introduced me to Incubus, and I thought their first few full-lengths (S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Make Yourself) were great. Later they got a bit too "pop" for my tastes, but I loved their diversity in the beginning. When their lead singer busted out a big African djembe (drum) and began playing it quite well, I was impressed...mostly by his playing skills, but also with how quickly he was able to don it and take it off. I still don't know what kind of rig he was using. :)

I also met them that night, too, and they were cool. :kickass:

I'll definitely check out Karnivool now.

----
* Bernd Basmer of the band Superior, from Germany...introducing me to an American band long before they 'got big'

I definitely love some old school Incubus, and I own S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and listen to it quite often. Its an album that never gets old and that's definitely what I had in mind by the Incubus reference.

This Karnivool band is top knotch at what they do though. I'm definitely gonna have to find their album and get a hold of it.