Kasteel de Berckt

britishsteel

New Metal Member
Mar 4, 2007
England
I am thinking of coming over for the festival this year

Has anyone stayed at the Kasteel de Berckt - looks a great deal for the 3 nights

what is not clear is how far away from the venue it is and do you get individual rooms - single or double

Also what is the venue like - How high is the stage?

thanks for any info

:headbang:

britishsteel
You can have a look at my pics(see link below) and see if you get an opinion.
Distance between Kasteel de Berckt - JC Sjiwa is about 3km(walking distance 25min..)
De Berckt is a nice stay more like a hostel, you share room with others.
I have stayed there the last 4 editions of PPe.
Stage is I don't know, but 1m high or 1.30... Martijn or Rene might give you a more correct answer.

Thanks russel

I am going there with my wife, so I think I will look at Hotels in Venlo or Roemond

It just means one of us will have to drive after the festival each night

I may have look at the venue (from the outside) as I am going to the "Titans of Power" festival at Easter and that is just over the border in Kaldenkirchen Germany
:kickass:

britishsteel
You're welcome:)
The ProgPower Europe 'deal' with de Berckt I trust is the 'hostel' thing.
Check the de Berckt site if they got any other offers(I'm sure they have) else there's another Kasteel(don't remember the name right now) in the nearby.
There's some hotel's and B'n'B's in the walkin' area i believe.

Yeah, I bet you can book a room seperately there, not through the ppe package deal.
I must honestly say, besides all the awesome music we can enjoy, without a stay at DeBerckt it would be just half the fun, as almost everybody stays there, and all are great guys! From my two years of experience I found that the bands enjoy being together with us "folks" too. Though there doesn't seem to be a barrier, just a huge bunch of black t-shirts, scaring kids and their parents. jk :D

Yeah, definitely should try the Castle. And you can prolly get a room for just you and your wife as well, for a fraction of the cost it would be to get a hotelroom. And breakfast is included. Always funny to see all those hungover and barely rested metalheads in the early morning (sadly I'm usually one of them :p )

britishsteel, if I can survive the weekend at the Kasteel then anyone can! My top three comments about the Kasteel experience:

1. Walking from the Kasteel to the venue is either interesting, funny or relaxing. And I'm a lazy git, so you can trust me on that.

2. Breakfast is perfect. The coffee last year was 4-cups-per-morning good and I wasn't even hung over (see next point).

3. Sleep can be had. Last year a party erupted outside and in a lounge below our room and I managed to go to sleep.

The only hard sell might be the possibility of a cold shower if you're not one of the first people up. I wouldn't know, since I've never had a cold shower at the Kasteel *grin*

I've stayed at the castle for the past 2 years and can honestly say it is an amazing place. As much a part of the PP EU experience as the music!! Memories (hazy ones) of swigging whisky with Atrox at about 3am in the Castle grounds.