Katagory V covering Red Sharks by Crimson Glory

Man this was a lot of fun to play... What was awesome was that Al nailed it! Nut clamp and all.
Im sure that everyone notice my big oops in the middle of the song. I had a brain fart and thought that we were at the beginning of the bridge where we revise the opening riff. I did the chokes, and there was silence in a spot where it wasn't supposed to be......Whoops! That was supposed to be a verse, not the bridge!:loco:
Just thought that I would point out that un-timely imperfection on my part!
-Bizzaro

You know it's a little like the guy with a seriously deformed face..... He points it out by making a joke about it, and then suddenly, everyone is no longer uncomfortably stareing at him wondering what the hell happend! Everybody isn't as worried about how insecure he is anymore, and whether or not he's being affended.
-Bizzaro

I must say that I'm pretty pleased with how this cover turned out, especially considering that we only rehearsed it once as a full band. Now, if only anybody in the audience knew the song...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I must say that I'm pretty pleased with how this cover turned out, especially considering that we only rehearsed it once as a full band. Now, if only anybody in the audience knew the song...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Yeah that was halarious!! Al did a great job staging the song before we started, I mean he wore the Crimson Glory T-shirt the whole time (almost).
When he said the song was from the 80's there was a few "wooo's", then he said Crimson glory, and there were one or two (if that) and then there was "red Sharks" and there were only crickets heard. Al was like "nobody here knows this song!?!:cry:
It was awesome! Hopefully we did it justice for the few hundred Crimson Glory Virgins in that crowd.
I honestly wonder if we'll have the same response with the next chosen cover song at these two shows coming up on the 19th and 20th..... I know for sure we will on the friday show. I think the vast majority of the people there will be under 21. It should be interesting!!
They'll be like cut out the 80's bullSh*t and give us some scream'O:headbang:
-Bizzaro

I already wrote it at ProgPower USA forum, bit it doesn't cost anything to write it here, too. You guys did very good work with a classic tune and you showed once again that you have good taste in metal (I also remember a "Bad to the Bone" cover :D). Al's vocal performance with that "monster" track was simply amazing!

I didn't notice, but I'm not overly-familiar with the tune, either.

Huh? I always that it was an unwritten rule that a prog metal fan, regardless the year of your birth, must experience the past of Crimson Glory, Queensryche, Fates Warning and Dream Theater before continuing their prog education. No?

But hitting those Midnight high notes? Awesome job!

Huh? I always that it was an unwritten rule that a prog metal fan, regardless the year of your birth, must experience the past of Crimson Glory, Queensryche, Fates Warning and Dream Theater before continuing their prog education. No?

But hitting those Midnight high notes? Awesome job!

You are correct Sir...... But I have to make a confession, I hope Im not strung up from my toenails for saying so. Queensryche, Fates Warning and Dream Theater, I have had a fairly extensive training in, but I must admit Crimson Glory was the last of these I was exposed to. Of cousre as soon as I was, I was hooked. I'm not sure why they hadn't crossed my path until years later, but they just hadn't. The funny thing to me is that as I listen to them, I hear striking similarities in production and feel to "when dream and day unite" songs like; "A Fortune in Lies" , "Afterlife", and "The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun". I was taken back a little, thinking how in the world had I never run accross these guys before?!?!
I'm sure that Orbweaver has had a similar experience as I have. I think that the major difference is that Crimson glory was more or less disembeled and off the radar most of the 90's, which is when I was cutting my prog-metal teeth. It was most likely for me to be exposed to the band's that were a little more active at the time. I didn't get the interent until that late 90's early 2000's and that's when I first started to branch out and find other rising band's in the genere, like Symphony X, Ark, and Sun Caged.
-Bizzaro