Katagory V in writing mode - new album 80% complete!

prog2112

Feb 11, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT USA
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

Here is the latest news!
It sounds like even biggger news, (the news that we've all been waiting for) is right around the corner - read on!

Sheri~
Katagory V Newsletter

Katagory V has recently reported that they have been busy writing the follow up to 2007's "Hymns of Dissension" and that the process is nearly complete.

"We've been very busy the last few months compiling ideas and working out song arrangements for album #5," states Bassist Dustin Mitchell, "And thus far, it would be safe to say we are now 80% complete with the writing process for the next album.

"Curtis, Matt and I have been very diligent in writing and orchestrating new material since January, and if all goes well, we should be hitting the studio at the end of the year to start tracking the next album! We are very excited about what ideas that are coming out, and we feel this could be our most versatile album yet. All that we need to do now is to work out some of the guitar melodies and vocals parts and it will be time to move into the pre-production phase, and that leads me to the next little tidbit that I'm sure everyone wants to know…

"With a new album nearly written, I'm sure there is still a bigger question at hand among our fans - what about a new singer and guitarist? Is there anyone? If so, who are they!? At this moment, we know who the new vocalist of Katagory V will be and we are currently working with a guitarist right now who we feel might fit best. Once we have had some time to work with them a bit more, their identities will be revealed in a few more weeks, so hang tight! An official announcement concerning these two very talented gentlemen is not far away!"

Katagory V had announced in January that lead vocalist Lynn Allers and guitarist Marc Hanson were no longer in the band. Both Hanson and Allers final recorded performance appeared on the band's most recent album, "Hymns of Dissension", which was released in 2007 on September 25 in Europe through Burning Star Records and October 9 in the U.S. on Nightmare Records.

End of the year? Come on man, lets try to push that forward a bit shall we?

Btw. I'm rather alarmed at the picture of me at your myspace page...Do I need to hop in the Delorian and make my parents fall in love again? :)

I am very curious to learn the new members names.

I didn't hope for a new album so soon, but I have absolutely no problem with that. :hotjump:

Just you wait. I've heard a pretty good amount of this material, and I think folks are going to be very surprised. Those already familiar with the output to date will hear a new side of the band that they should gladly welcome, and those who are unacquainted should find themselves very interested in this band once they hear it. I can't wait for people to hear what's coming!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert