Kataklysm in Vegas!

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
I was in Vegas on business which wrapped up yesterday morning. So, I was able to kick back, gamble and catch a few shows.

Had a few hours to kill before seeing Chicago (it's their 40th Anniversary as a band this year) so I decided to check out Kataklysm at the House of Blues inside Mandalay Bay.

Excellent venue! The sound was crystal clear and far superior to that of MacEwan Hall the previous week. I had a front row center balcony seat and just enjoyed watching the band play. There was one minor hiccup but the band cheerily laughed it off and started up again. The American audience seemed a bit tame compared to the Canadian audience but that might have been do in part to stricter rules and security.

Atwards, I headed over the MGM, enjoyed their fine buffet and saw Chicago. An amazing band live (I love watching the musicians change instruments and collaborate together to bring out a song) and technically proficient in a Rush, Dream Theater, Heaven and Hell kind of way.

Tired now. Must sleep.

Kataklysm are boring and unispired. Once you hear one Kataklysm blast beat, you have heard them all...

Move along.