katatonia artwork?

I have that movie, but still haven't found the time to watch it...
It's in the list among the things I have to do, but this list is very long and I have to be in the right mood to watch it...heard it's a quite complicated, abstract-absurd film...so I guess I need concentration to watch it!

I always wondered where the image came from, so thnx for helping me out.
Never knew it was from a movie.
I have read some reviews on IMDB and I have to check it out.
I like Eraserhead, I like surreal films like The holy Mountain so I it must be my cup of tea.
And now the one million dollar question:
Was Katatonia inspired by this movie during the recording of Sounds of Decay?

I don't think they've even seen the movie. I seem to recall them saying in an interview that putting the image on the cover was the idea of some guy from Avantgarde, and not the band.

gone said:
I don't think they've even seen the movie. I seem to recall them saying in an interview that putting the image on the cover was the idea of some guy from Avantgarde, and not the band.

Not true actually.....I talked to Anders about that when I saw them in Cleveland.....they watched the movie far enough into it to get an I dea of what the movie was about before they put it on the cover.....besides that movie begins to be arduous after the first 10-15 minutes......they did get the idea from Robert Mammarella(?spelling) though....thats true..
Reece