Katatonia Autograph Session in Switzerland

kanduth

New Metal Member
May 21, 2004
:kickass:

Katatonia will appear for an exlusive autograph session at Switzerland's biggest metal market, the "Metalbörse Zofingen".
It's an annual event, were all the notable Swiss Rock and Metal sellers group up and offer a market with a lot of stands were you can buy CDs, LPs, Clothing, Accessoires and quite a big amount of rarities.
The autograph session with Katatonia will take place from 13.30 to 14.30, the market is in the "Grosser Stadtsaal" Zofingen, right between Bern and Zurich in the middle of Switzerland.

Katatonia will then play at the Burgdorfer Rocknight Festival as a headliner on October 20, see www.rocknight.org for more detailed information.

Oh my god... :OMG: Yes!!!

Basically I could be there, if I can convince someone to drive me. The time is perfect, don't have to work then, and it's not that far away from Zurich... compared to Burgdorf (Bern).

I was already so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to go to the Burgdorfer gig, and now I would have the chance to meet them and hopefully take pics... :)

That's some awesome news, thank you! :headbang:

well burgdorf is then only some 30 minutes further from zofingen...
also the entrance fee is unbeatable... 16 euros!

Damn it. I`m flying into Geneva and getting the train across to Bern. Complete opposite end of the country.Oh well, it`ll still be a class show. 10 days to go....

well, its 47 minutes by train to get to zofingen from burgdorf... ;)

but i see the problem. already honor enough that you will come from ireland!

well burgdorf is then only some 30 minutes further from zofingen...
also the entrance fee is unbeatable... 16 euros!

I know, it's almost for free ^^
But the time is the main problem, because they play last as headliner, and the next train is on 00:18 am to 02:21 until i'm home, then I'm sure I wouldn't have the time to see them anyway because 3 (!!!) bands play before them. Next train after that would be 01:22 am to 06:13 :zombie: Incl. changing the train 4 times, and I even have to go alone... that's just too much.

Zofingen is no problem at all, compared to that.
And the metal market is worthy to take a look too ;)

wow cool! i didnt know about it yet, somehow its not on the big ticketsale sites.. I almost missed this event.

any idea when the corcert begins? theres a train after midnight that could still take me home..

katatonia is scheduled to begin at about 23.45

there are tho special busses driving back to bern at 1.30 and 2.30, in case that this would help you...

thanks.. since i dont live in bern, it doesnt help much. starting at midnight is insanely late imo, but we'll see..

Its cute that you talk to each other in English so the rest of us can envy you :saint:

one third of switzerland's population are foreigners
there are 4 official languages in this country anyway (none of them i can speak..) and ppl come from abroad to this show

Katatonia is on quite late, which is good for me,hopefully there is a television in the bar showing the Rugby World Cup Final.
Can`t wait for this weekend, crashing in Dublin to see some local bands Friday, over to Katatonia on Saturday and back to Dublin on Sunday to see Kataklysm and Aborted.
My wallet and liver shall be severely damaged.

@Dora you're completely right!
Where in Switzerland do you live?

Just curious if it's even farther away than my home ;)

quite near.. :) will you drive there?

Shouldnt we all meet? I know some other ppl from here will come..
though I'm only 50% now my life just got messy.

I can't.. no driving license and no car ^^

Will you be at the autograph session too (or someone other from here)? I really think it would be awesome to meet someone from here, but like I said, I can't be at the concert.

Just came home from Zofingen... captured some stuff on my cam:

Sitting outside in the cold
pa201197ke7.jpg

pa201187ew8.jpg

Inside
pa201185sb2.jpg

pa201188cr2.jpg

Empty chairs on Katatonia's place
pa201201vg8.jpg

At ca. 13:45 someone told us that he hadn't heard anything from the band yet.

At 14:50 it was confirmed: they wouldn't be able to come and the concert was cancelled too.

pa201205us2.jpg

pa201206da5.jpg

I only bought two records:

pa201235ey9.jpg

Evoken - Embrace The Emptiness (2006 reissue)
Daylight Dies - No Reply (2002)

Was still a great day,though :)