Katatonia merchandise

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering a part from T-shirts what kind of merchandise would you like to have by Katatonia?

I was thinking a guitar case with their logo would be really cool (actually I could try to do it by myself..), then I'd like to have a cap, a cup, a girly sweater and long sleeve and more...ah the belt buckle was cool, but too much expesive actually...
Ah and then, in case Anders is reading, please bring on your next tour some stickers and logo pins...I know I could order them from your official site, but it's cheaper and easier to buy them directly at gigs....It's too complicated for me to buy things online....

And then remember you have many female fans who would like to have more choice and variety in choosing T-shirts ad so on :)

Merchandise is cool as long as it doesn't get excessive. I'm all for the usual stuff (clothing) and original things like that belt buckle, but cups, candles, signet rings and lighters, on the other hand, are rather good for a merchandise overkill in the vein of Cradle of Borgir. Just my two cents.
In the end, a band like Katatonia deserves all the money they get from their stuff. Hm, a "Clean Today" wallpaper for my bathroom would be nice.

...and please spare me more fridge magnets!

Lol, yeah, Scandinavian bands (also Katatonia) ask way too much for their T-shirts. 25 euro!!!! Incedible!!!! Ppl must know the rest of the world don't live the same high standards as in Norway and Sweden!!!!

the_dying said:
Lol, yeah, Scandinavian bands (also Katatonia) ask way too much for their T-shirts. 25 euro!!!! Incedible!!!! Ppl must know the rest of the world don't live the same high standards as in Norway and Sweden!!!!
the reason for that is..

1. our country is a very expensive one, in general.

...resulting in:

2. its expensive as fukk to print the shirts nationally.
--> or if we import them from abroad, the import taxes and custom fees this country apply is dead hard on any biz.
3. its expensive as fukk to ship out the shirts due to a rip-off called "swedish postal service" that apply rates thru the roof.

bottomline:

if we'd charge less than that, we'd not make a profit.
if we dont make a profit, well u can make that up yerself.

so thanks to everyone that bought any kind of merchandise of the band so far, be it from the gigs or off the web... its greatly appreciated and actually our only direct financial support without labels and distributors eating up the cake, leaving the crumbles for the band.

the_dying said:
I guess ppl better sell their merch at a gig, where it's possible cheaper?
he he yes, but everytime I go to katatonia gigs there's no merchandise for me...I 've already got a girly T-shirt and other T-shirts or long sleeve are too big for me! the belt buckle was nice, but I dunno if I'll wear it and to spend so much money for something I'm not sure I'll use, it's not for me....
So what else I could buy are guitar pics...but they were available only on the Ghost of the Spring tour...the stickers or pins, but I've never seen them at gigs...
Well I know it's all cheap stuff, but maybe because is so cheap I don't feel like to order it via internet and pay it at a double price...

Well, I ordered some stuff from Katatonia and with a shirt, few guitar picks, stickers and whatnot it was still cheaper than buying a long sleeved band shirt over here. Even the t-shirts printed here locally (like Metallica) sell for about $70au.

It may seem expensive to you guys, but I think Katatonia are doing a damn fine job keeping the prices down. Especially since I asked a few stores about how much I could get their shirts for... they all said around $90 which is like 53 euro.

All this cost me from Katatonia was $60, including free shipping.

I have a question regarding merchandise though. Approximately how long does it take for world wide shipping?