Katatonia/Moonspell/Daylight Dies US tour

I'm going to the Seattle show and than heading down to Portland to see Agalloch open that show.

Was great to hang out with you Dave and Dan and drink a few beers and see one of the best bands going... Katatonia of course!! Thanks for the Ontario Town Is A Burial Ground button! Pinned it on my Bulliten Board. :kickass: Zekeyou is going to want to hunt this little piece of merch down to add to his killer collection of WOY stuff.. haha

Heres a little blurb I wrote about the Toronto show on another msg board.

Show went really well. The Opera House was about half full or so. It was nice to not be packed like a sardine and be able to take in the bands with some breathing room to spare.

Daylight Dies had a powerful sound considering they were the openers. They got a really good crowd reaction to. The vocalist has a heavy set of pipes on him. He does some killer doomy death growls. They also like there smoke and pumped out a lot through out there set. Every good doom band knows to use a lot of smoke!

Katatonia were fantastic. They busted out Deadhouse which really made my day. Some other songs that stood out for me were Evidence, Ghosts Of The Sun, Tear Gas and Soils Song. They seemed pretty happy with the Toronto crowd. No one was moshing or anything. Everyone was just taking in all the emotion which Kataonia was throwing off.

Moonspell were sounding solid and powerful but I only stayed for 4 songs or so. Left once they played Opium which is a favourite song of mine by them. Moonspell had a really cool backdrop of a setting sun in a red sky in a cemetary. They also had some great lights and strobes and smoke.

All in All a really cool show and it was amazing to finally see Katatonia in a live setting after so many years of listening to their albums. I am sure someone will fill in the setlists.

David Gold said:
It does us no good for us on your bulletin board! I'd prefer you wear it + fuck shit up out there!!! :p

I would wear it but I don't want to lose it.

Dave what did you think of the show? Never had a chance to hear your oppinon before you left for home?

It was good times! I wouldn't dare complain! After hearing those songs a zillion times over the years at home, in my car, at Paul's house:)kickass: :puke: :p ) etc...it's an amazing feeling when you get to see the band themselves right in front of you and hear those songs live!!! Katatonia were one of those bands I never thought I'd get a chance to see live...next on the list is Borknagar!!!

Do you have the full setlist from the Toronto show?

David Gold said:
It was good times! I wouldn't dare complain! After hearing those songs a zillion times over the years at home, in my car, at Paul's house:)kickass: :puke: :p ) etc...it's an amazing feeling when you get to see the band themselves right in front of you and hear those songs live!!! Katatonia were one of those bands I never thought I'd get a chance to see live...next on the list is Borknagar!!!

Do you have the full setlist from the Toronto show?

Yeah it was amazing to finally see them live after all these years. Totally completed the Katatonia listening expierence for me.

Someone posted this setlist on BB. I thinks it's fairly acurate from what I can recall.

Leaders
Soil's Song
(Had to) Leave
Cold Ways
Deadhouse
Teargas
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
My Twin
Evidence

Borknagar live... *drool* Talk about super-band, absolutely nuts. They would kill live, seeing something like Oceans Rise, Ad Noctum, or The Genuine Pulse or something live, I'd die.