Katatonia to tour with... Finntroll

This is getting strange! Have you compared the Katatonia/Finntroll gigs with the Katatonia gigs on the deadsite or Peaceville??
It just don't fit :confused: Hoping for some clearing up!

falling bird said:
This is getting strange! Have you compared the Katatonia/Finntroll gigs with the Katatonia gigs on the deadsite or Peaceville??
It just don't fit :confused: Hoping for some clearing up!

yeah, there are some serious changes/adjustments made to the tour...
please check katatonia.com soon as a more updated and adjusted tour line-up will be presented.

I'm pissed off. I wanted to see to/die/for. fuck:( I hope they can get another better (for them) tour with Amorphis for example.
As for Katatonia, it seems all dates has changed and a lot of gigs are cancelled. no belgium again. i bet theyll never play here..... well opeth did yesterday...at last :eek:

I like both To Die For and Finntroll.. hmm

what happens with the Gothenburg-gig?I hope they come here, I mean they are swedish (Katatonia)...

It is like Opeth, I have no memory of them playing in Gothenburg, nor that common in Sweden... just Europe...

:err:Katatonia AND Finntroll?
Well. I love both bands but I'd feel with bipolar syndrome during the show. Now, if they only came to LA, I wouldn't mind.
wink.gif

I might sound like an asshole to some people now, but to tell the truth, I'm kinda glad that Katatonia won't tour with To/Die/For ...mostly because all To/Die/For fans I know are those kind of wannabe-goth kids... (those with black hair and black dresses :p) What I always loved about Katatonia (and still do), is that the music and especially the lyrics are to 100% honest and not 'constructed' to fulfill all clichés of the "goth" category, If you know what I mean... For me Katatonia is, in terms of attitude, the exact opposite of To/Die/For, so I don't think they'd fit very good as a tour package. Finntroll on the other hand play a totally other style, so it won't get boring...I haven't heard much of they stuff, but I liked what I heard so far.

What about daylight dies?
Hope there won´t be major changes, I really want to see Katatonia and Daylight dies together and I hope I can see them here in Germany and in Italy as well..

Nico16 said:
I might sound like an asshole to some people now, but to tell the truth, I'm kinda glad that Katatonia won't tour with To/Die/For ...mostly because all To/Die/For fans I know are those kind of wannabe-goth kids... (those with black hair and black dresses :p)

thats bollocks to me. First of all to/die/for is hardly known.... and 2nd they sounds more like sentenced and entwine then goth

ether said:
What about daylight dies?
Hope there won´t be major changes, I really want to see Katatonia and Daylight dies together and I hope I can see them here in Germany and in Italy as well..

I think it's looking like Monday will be the day we'll be able to really confirm the dates and who will be support and where.. stay tuned to both www.katatonia.com and www.daylight-dies.com for this information.

Daylight Dies, Katatonia, and Finntroll would be the best concert ever... No fuckin lie... Maudlin of the well is missing.. but thats about it.

Mariner said:
thats bollocks to me. First of all to/die/for is hardly known.... and 2nd they sounds more like sentenced and entwine then goth
That's why I wrote "I might sound like an asshole to some people now" with 'some people' I meant you ;) since I read your post where you said you wanted to see To/Die/For...

Well, I know quite a lot people whose favourite bands are (new) In Flames, (new) Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom AND To/Die/For. I've got the impression that this band is almost as well known as the other 3 bands I mentioned above, that's at least the case in the area where I live...
and 2nd they sounds more like sentenced and entwine then goth
But you've got to admit that at least the lyrics are somewhat cliché (especially compared to Katatonia), e.g. those, which are from the song "loveless":

because of you
my heart is cold and loveless
there is no love no more

when you seal my fate
love turns to hate
when you give me a smile
inside of me something dies
you are killing me

when you embrace me
calmness in my soul turns to misery
walking hand in hand with you
and flowers wither all around

well, ok, I'll shut up now, everybody's got his/her own taste and I can understand that you feel pissed off because you looked forward to seeing the band with Katatonia.

edit: typo.

Still no dates for Sweden :(
And Katatonia is swedish.,.. very strange