Katatonia Touring in America?

Spring/Summer I think they were aiming at. Glendale, huh? you probably live right around the corner from me, I'm at 67th and Happy Valley.

It's hard to say, theres gaps between May-June-July...So it might just be August or September unless they squeeze in a small tour. They played here in Arizona twice before...first one supporting Moonspell kicked ass...the second headlining one was bad(not performance wise, song list and band were ace!)...the venue sucked balls and the sound kept fucking up for Katz...hopefully it won't keep them from coming here next time.

They started their headlining tour at the venue I usually attend and it was a very weird experience. Pretty much the entire lineup besides Insomnium were having sound problems. I remember when Swallow the Sun was trying to start their first song, the sound was totally gone somehow. They had to retool everything before they could start again.

What was even stranger was that Anders was almost totally out of the show. He did not look at the crowd once the entire time. I made a thread about it shortly after and he made a post saying it was definitely the worst show on the tour and he owed us one. I have no idea exactly why he was so annoyed during the show. I recall them sounding pretty good, but I guess there were still some sound issues.

Anyways, I am hoping to see them this year. I am excited to hear the new tracks played.

LOL i don't remember that one. Did you see last weeks episode "Puberty"? Funniest episode ever maybe.

Brule's Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
They have about a month between their last show in Europe and when they go back in Germany in mid-May. I'm hoping they come between then, especially the Los Angeles area. They toured the US in '07 for about a month too...unfortunately I didn't see them then.

Im glad to see so many people here like Tim and Eric show, as a matter of fact it's easily my favorite show on the entire network.

I own the first two seasons and watch it regularly, its fucking brilliant.

A lot of people I know hate it because they don't "get" it, but thats the entire point of the show is the hilarious satire they do and just complete randomness. Although there are some skits that annoy the shit out of me, but very few.

COME TO KANSAS NAO!!!

Seems there is a direct link from Katatonia fans to Tim & Eric fans... Glad I'm not the only one who shares this love of both.

But yeah, to stay on topic, Kata needs to come back to Atlanta. Last time they were here with Moonspell they had to rush through their set as the venue had another event scheduled for 11:00pm. So the whole show had to be wrapped up and everything felt really rushed... it was a great show, but far too short.