KAYO DOT - Blue Lambency Downward

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
Okay, who's heard it?

The latest from Toby Driver's ever-evolving avant-metal troupe. Tons of guest musicians including members of Asva, Burning Witch, Master Musicians of Bukkake, and Behold the Arctopus

You're right, it's not nearly pagan-black-viking-folk enough! :loco:
LOL. The problem isn't that they're not Metal enough. The problem is that the music is pure crap, created by pretentious musicians, attempting to mask their inability to write good songs by forgoing any sort of song structure, in the hopes of passing themselves off as innovative.

Zod

Listening to maudlin of the Well, it will be apparent that these musicians have or at least had no trouble writing good songs. Doesn't matter if they write songs anyway, as long as enough of us pretentious faggots enjoy listening to the noise they make. Oh well, I guess we're beyond hope. Someone better redeem us by shitting on this thread.

More to the point, the music is more diluted than before and the jazz influences go beyond mere influences in several places. It's hard to swallow in one shot without the harsh backdrop to tie the listening experience together honestly. But it's quite neat regardless, kind of picks up where Toby Driver left on his solo stuff and adding actual instrumental discourse.

I havent really dug any of the Kayo Dot stuff besides a few spots on Choirs of The Eye. nevertheless, due to my enthusiasm for Maudlin of The Well, I shall not give up hope.