Kayo Dot in Asheville

So that means it wasn't the first band with the older female violinist, and the third drone band was called Growing, and then the second band went by life in the sky, featuring some awesome drumming. So, unless there was a 5th strictly 2 member band after FUCKING ENDLESS OVER TEN MINUTE FUCKING NOTE GARBAGE SHIT when I was taking my frustration at suffering through a single extended SINGLE FUCKING NOTE for more then TEN GOD FORSAKEN MINUTES on some delicious brownies in the car, I don't recall hearing more than 4 bands.

Growing and Orthrelm sort of combined their sets, so in total there was probably well over an hour of music that many people find monotonous. (Not me, obviously, and not passing judgement on people who don't dig the repitition)

PS it was awesome to meet the dope, osmose, gecko etc. crew, as well as the multitude of other board peeps...

The art on the walls added considerably to the environment, though as DJ and I discussed, the bare concrete and steel were miserable for the acoustics, though the sound was incredible despite the less than ideal conditions.