kayo dot in nyc!

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
awesome show! they started with Antique (the "construction" song), played Aura and Don't Touch Dead Animals, and then ended with Limpid (the "deconstruction" song).

the crowd was full of metal celebs!

jim thirlwell (foetus et al)
james plotkin (OLD, atomsmasher, khanate)
alan dubin (khanate, OLD)
ben from DEP
the board's own Adam Doll
Colin and Kevin from Dysrhythmia (& Arctopus)
Tim from Friendly Bears

the only missing celeb was the board's own minxnim. but she was exhausted from her art show I think (which was awesome. a lot of the pictures we're familiar with here with big price tags on them and stuffy people stroking their chins and staring at them. sort of).

i cant BELIEVE i didnt recognize james plotkin. i would have bugged out. i totally wanted to go O.L.D. fanboy when i was talking to alan dubin! aggghhhh!
ps. the staff at that venue basically all sucked except for the tall skinny doorman, (and the lady with the medusa tattoo) but toby said that guy gave him some grief over something! hmm...

Man, sounds like an awesome show!

Oh i saw a flyer for the show at the moutain bar at Amoeba, now there will be a ton of people there!:headbang:

haha.

Paul.

P.S. The new planes mistaken for stars album=fantastic

I didn't recognize Plotkin either until Greg pointed him out to me. to be fair, I didn't recognize Alan Dubin either. I'm very bad with recognizing celebrities or even regular people I've met before.

hm.

they're playing the antique?

how come I don't get to see my favorite kayo dot song :(

We play the antique all the time, probably too much in fact... we have so few songs that it's hard not to do a redundant set. We definitely try to rotate what we play in each town; what we play one day will be a good indicator of what we will probably not play the next time in that particular city.

We play the antique all the time, probably too much in fact... we have so few songs that it's hard not to do a redundant set. We definitely try to rotate what we play in each town; what we play one day will be a good indicator of what we will probably not play the next time in that particular city.

what we play one day will be a good indicator of what we will probably not play the next time in that particular city.
Ah man, I could hear The Antique played every night and never get tired of it.

The band's most recent brain-teaser, Kowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue, came out in January.

That's hot!

281x211.jpg

Is it just me or does the guy in the mayhem shirt....just bum you guys out too?

xfer said:
i thought you were snubbing the show because of the whole toby-running-out-of-tp-in-the-van-and-wiping-with-the-original-art-used-for-Dowsing incident!

To think I thought I had friends on this board, thanks a lot KAYO AIDS!