KD Fall Tour: Confirmed and Prospective Tour Dates!!

chicago's a monday, right? you stand a decent chance of being one of the only sweet shows in town on a monday, and chicago people actually aren't too bad about still showing up on weeknight shows as long as it's sort of publicized. people here aren't as much into seeing music, and only tend to go out on fri/sat nights and then talk over bands. let someone @ the Chicago Reader know about the show once it's set up- i might be able to give you a contact (one of the typesetters), but she may only be able to be so much help. still, it's the best free entertainment weekly paper in town.
www.chicagoreader.com

Anything new with the Jack Spatafora/Tampa date situation, if it can even be called a situation?

Okay, the dates have been updated! (And i'm sure that you've noticed that since we now have more confirmed dates than missing shows, I've reversed the colors to be easier on the eyes, etc.) We're playing Beaumont instead of Houston and Oroville, CA instead of Redding.

A Soft Wind - I'm not sure! I'm still waiting for a reply from Jack, but he said he'd do it. :)

Forbes, we couldn't get a Chicago date, but we got one in Wheeling, IL instead. It's apparently only 10-15 minutes outside of Chicago and it's easy to take the train there. Good enough for me!

For the prospective Orlando date, you could contact Will's Pub or Backbooth. Backbooth is a little bit bigger, but their crowd is kind of shitty. Will's is harder to find which sucks for people who'd be coming in from surrounding areas for the show, but I've seen some amazing shows there; for a smaller venue it's got good sound and a nice environment.

Please play Houston instead ;)

I'm willing to go to Austin to see yous guys but I'll end up having to fight it out with my parents (school night woohoo).

Have you tried contacting Superhappyfunland? I'd think they would probably book you again

we haven't tried SHFL again, yet... we all loved the place, but we didn't get paid there (maybe because the audience was small). So we're trying some other spots first - one is even run by Brian from SHFL.

Yeah, I was really sorry the show didnt turn out bigger than it should have. Houston's music scene consists of "brUtAL as fcuk" death metal heads and indie-pop scenesters. Perhaps the venue Numbers might work out. I think Blonde Redhead played there the last time they came through.

just a general question i was wondering: do you often find that you're told one or two, maybe three bands will be on the bill, but then show up to find out that there are more bands included, either limiting your time or making for a really long night?

more updates:

The Boise show has been moved to a house. (1018 W Hays St.)
The Denver venue has been changed to Monkey Mania (all ages.)
The Wheeling, IL show has been changed from 21+ to 18+
We'll be playing Phoenix, AZ instead of San Diego.
The New Orleans show has been canceled and instead, we'll be doing two Hattiesberg shows.

yep.

Guess I'll be going to the Austin show officially then. This isn't so bad; I can take a college day after the show and go see the UT campus and stuff, and the backroom is only like a mile from where some friends of mine live.

We'll take you guys out on the town after the show ;)

Jack updated his site with the info about the Tampa show:

Kayo Dot
& Special Guests TBA
Thu November 10
9pm | $7/8 | 18 & Up
@ Orpheum
1902 Republica de Cuba
Ybor City

Still nothing about the other bands playing the show, but I've heard some rumors...