Keep it True, who's going ??

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Heya,

Keep it True festival in Germany is coming very close now (April 8th). I was wondering who is going there. I know already Hawk, Griffin, Fangface and off course Clammy are coming. Any more people from Europe going there ?? Would be nice to meet all of you there and take some pics...

keepittrue_vi.gif

Well, I can tell you one thing, Riot kicked my ass!
I really enjoyed KIT this year, I could really use it as well. Grim Reaper were great, they were my reason for coming. Ok, Grimmett can't scream like 20 year ago but it was amazing nonetheless. Kicked off with Rock You To Hell, then all the classics: Dead on Arrival, Fear No Evil, Matter of time, Lust for Freedom and ofcourse they ended with See You In Hell.
The preparty wasn't like the years before (first one was still the best). Misses Dantesco, then Seven Witches played but without Rivera they're much less interesting. Drifter wasn't my thing. Assassin weren't great either, 2 years ago on Wacken they were better. But Demon made the night, they were great! But that's just cause I love'm and the vocalist is great.
Exciter were cool again, but the sound was rather bad (again). I got to see Clammy though ;)
Ross the Boss gave us some killer classics like Battle Hymn, Hail to England and Hail and Kill. Great stuff, everyone screamed along and although it's not Manowar, it was close!
Riot were GREAT. I headbanger my head off and it still hurts. Tokyo Rose, Narita, Overdrive, Warrior... an amazing setlist. The vocalist looked kinda gay but who cares, lots of people look gay there, amazing performance.
Alltogether, another cool KIT! Ofcourse I met HAwk and carnut which was cool aswell! :) THanks again for the vids, I'll check them out asap (and mail you my vids..) Pity I didn't see Fangface, maybe next time!

Griffin- said:
Well, I can tell you one thing, Riot kicked my ass!
I really enjoyed KIT this year, I could really use it as well. Grim Reaper were great, they were my reason for coming. Ok, Grimmett can't scream like 20 year ago but it was amazing nonetheless. Kicked off with Rock You To Hell, then all the classics: Dead on Arrival, Fear No Evil, Matter of time, Lust for Freedom and ofcourse they ended with See You In Hell.
The preparty wasn't like the years before (first one was still the best). Misses Dantesco, then Seven Witches played but without Rivera they're much less interesting. Drifter wasn't my thing. Assassin weren't great either, 2 years ago on Wacken they were better. But Demon made the night, they were great! But that's just cause I love'm and the vocalist is great.
Exciter were cool again, but the sound was rather bad (again). I got to see Clammy though ;)
Ross the Boss gave us some killer classics like Battle Hymn, Hail to England and Hail and Kill. Great stuff, everyone screamed along and although it's not Manowar, it was close!
Riot were GREAT. I headbanger my head off and it still hurts. Tokyo Rose, Narita, Overdrive, Warrior... an amazing setlist. The vocalist looked kinda gay but who cares, lots of people look gay there, amazing performance.
Alltogether, another cool KIT! Ofcourse I met HAwk and carnut which was cool aswell! :) THanks again for the vids, I'll check them out asap (and mail you my vids..) Pity I didn't see Fangface, maybe next time!

Hey Fleur,

I think I saw you at the warm-up show. Were you standing near the entrance to the washroom for a while? I kept seeing a girl who looked familiar... I should have gone up and asked if it was you. Hopefully, next time we'll actually meet! :D

Glad you had a good time. I did as well!

EDIT: My shit memory strikes again. I DID finally meet Carnut and Hawk. Carnut was kind enough to give me a DVD with some older Exciter live performances as well as a few other bands. The DVD has really driven home the need for me to get a new computer! My video card sucks so bad, it can't play the damned thing! Hey Hawk, please don't moderate me to death here, hehhehe...

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well, Griffin told it all !!
Riot definatly RULED .Haha, the singer indeed looked a bit gay, the band themselves introduced him as David Hasselhof. But man , does he have a throat !!!
It was great to meet all the UMOS members, we did manage to see them all; Griffin, Clammy and Fangface. We just didn't get a pic all together, we should try more to do that next time !! but there's so much going on you just don't wanna be busy taking pics, although some will be posted later on, need to get them developed and digitised first ! We definatly got some Clammy tongue somewhere !!
Hawk and me managed to miss the Grim Reaper show..We went for dinner (Wienerschnitzel offcourse!) and we were sitting outside in the sun (for the first time this year we felt warm weather !!) The surrounding view was great so we decided to enjoy the silence in stead of the noise at KIT (we are really, really getting old :lol: ). It's a real holliday for us, the area is very nice, lots of mountains. On the way back home we took a different route through the mountain area's, real cool to drive the autobahn as it's supposed to be; fast, and a great view everywhere!
Now, in November there's the next KIT, a 500 persons limited show (for wich we offcourse already have tickets !!) and look at the awesome bill ;

HEIR APPARENT (USA)
(20th Anniversary Graceful Inheritance)
FLOTSAM & JETSAM (USA)
(Special Old School show)
ONSLAUGHT (UK)
WOLF (SWE)
WARHAMMER (GER)
ARCTIC FLAME (USA)
MESSENGER (GER)

Clammy said:
Hey Fleur,

I think I saw you at the warm-up show. Were you standing near the entrance to the washroom for a while? I kept seeing a girl who looked familiar... I should have gone up and asked if it was you. Hopefully, next time we'll actually meet! :D

haha yeah that was me. now how many young blonde girls did you see there? how could you be mistaken :lol:

Griffin- said:
haha yeah that was me. now how many young blonde girls did you see there? how could you be mistaken :lol:

Damn... I really should have gone over and asked you if you were you, heheheh... Drives home the saying: "he who hesitates is lost". Next time I will say "hi", and maybe we can have a beer or something!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: