Kemper: How many rigs do you have?

Torsis

> 57
Feb 4, 2006
RI, USA
I must be an indecisive hoarder, since I still have over 600 rigs after peeling away the obvious kak.

Granted, I'm a sucker for anything Bogner, but do I really need 80 of them? :lol:

Do you guys pare down your rigs to manageable level or keep all sorts of mic variations of the same amp?

i had about 1000 rigs, i played them all with various guitars and sorted them out, in total i kept about 200, and 30 of them are in my favourite list and in 90% of the time i play the kemper i only use 3 of those.
i guess that says everything.. ;)

i dont keep different mic variations of the amp if i´m not sure i really gonna need em, at least i always have a backup of all the profiles (1000+) on my computer in case i would.
but for me it makes it lots of easier to work with the kemper, with lesser profiles on it

800. I really have to take some time to delete some. I have like 34 favorites. Only use like 4-6 of them.

From the browser, 3rd soft key is the delete.
...but on your backup thumb drive, make sure you delete everything in the rig folder then do a fresh export.

It seems that an export doesn't overlay the rig folder on the thumb drive, just updates it.
So if you delete a bunch of stuff, export w/o deleting the contents of the rig folder first, everything comes back in the next time you import.

..yeah, I found that out the hard way.

I've got about 650. I need to quit being lazy and go through and delete about 400-500 of those....

I also have about 550 or so...while I also only use about 20 to 40 most of the time, there are so many great ones available that are just fantastic guitar tones, even though I personally would never them for the metal stuff. For instance, the "67 plexi" profile, okstrats old plexi profiles, dr z profiles, etc. I should however put those all on my computer and delete what I don't use often on my Kemper.

I just keep on importing stuff until it's "full" (I hear 1000 is the limit at which updating the firmware will get funky), and immediately add the "good" ones to my favourites. I have like 40 or 50 fave'd, but I can manage to find the one I want very quickly. I'm currently buying a Behringer Midi controller for the unit though, on that I will only program 5 sounds or so. I generally just want to have everything with me, simply because my musical spectrum is relatively large as I play in bands ranging from Death Metal to Postrock. That's one of the reasons I got the unit btw. :D

I had about 900 but I got that down to around 200ish. I now have a system where I import new rigs and favourite the ones I want to keep, then every few weeks or so I use the "delete everything except favourites" button to clear out the crap I don't want.

Atm 30, all of them own profiles, but all backups on PC(Amp Factory and stuff)...

Hope Kemper comes around soon with an update that will you allow to use your own files and structure.

Would make life so much easier.