Kemper Metal Tests (Feared song, Rose and Narcosynthesis) 20 CLIPS!

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil
Hi guys, I just spent some time playing with the Kemper and made some reamps:

"ONE TWO THREE KPA":
Feared Song (one two three WAR), Metal Machine, LSD DRUMS, UNIVERSOX DRUMS, Kemper EVH5153 (didn't use my OD808 and no EQ - not even HP or LP).
I tried to use the Randy Staub BUS settings to MIX (with 12db Gain Reduction) on a original VSC-2 comp.
Yes, this is a loudness war attempt. :devil:

Narcosynthesis DI's:

"KPA TEST": Consists on all profiles (single below, on order):

DIEZEL VH4 CH3

BOGNER UBER RED CHANNEL

BOGNER UBER METAL

TRIPLE RECTIFIER

ORANGE THUNDERVERB

SLO100

SAVAGE60

MARSHALL JMP 2203 + TS

BOOGIE MARK V

FRAMUS COBRA

EVH5153 BLUE

ENGL SAVAGE 120

Rose DI's:
"Rose KPA test": All Profiles (single below, on order).

Single Profiles:

SAVAGE 120

EVH5153 "KSE" Settings

BOOGIE MARK V

MARSHALL 410H

EVH5153 RED

EVH5150 BLUE

So, tell me your opinion about these tones!
Enjoy! :popcorn:

EDIT:
Tried the KSE "My curse" tone:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the Bogner Uber Red and Metal sound fantastic. What profile is that? The Amp Factory? Rig Exchange? Own Profile?

Maybe it's jut me, but I didn't like any of the Narco clips. They all sounded artificial and weird to me.

The 5150 III clips for RoS sounded pretty bitchin, though.

Maybe it's jut me, but I didn't like any of the Narco clips. They all sounded artificial and weird to me.

The 5150 III clips for RoS sounded pretty bitchin, though.

The funny thing is that I used the Kemper Tube Screammer with Rose's DI's and a Real OD820 with Narco, trying to get a more real sound.

The Narco VH4 tone sounds fucking nice!
I agree! That is one of the best free profiles I ever heard!

They all sound pretty realistic to my ears. Were these stock presets or amps that you modelled?

Wow, the Bogner Uber Red and Metal sound fantastic. What profile is that? The Amp Factory? Rig Exchange? Own Profile?

None of them are stock. Some are from Rig Exchange, like the Diezel VH4 CH3.
Bogner Uber is from amp factory, and costs about 5 euro. :loco:
EDITED: get the VH4 free profile here VH4 KEMPER PROFILE
I didn't use its original cab. I used one Boogie's from Tills cabs.

I'll profile my own amps when I get my studio done, another month or so.

I think that using a OD820 gave a different vibe to the sound.
Next time I'll try with a od808 and a TS9.

Cheers!

Bogner Uber sounds great on the first two, VH4 sounds cool as well. On the ROS ones I liked the 5153 Blue/Red best but they were really quiet and maybe a bit thin.

I'll have to try out the Bogner Amp Factory packs... so far really into the 6505 and SLO100 models.

Two faves, going JUST off the Narco files were 1. Diezel VH4 (this sounded greatttttt) and second place was the SLO100.

Didn't care much for ANY of the others. I am STILL hearing that cloudiness... maybe there are still a few tweaks or bugs in the algorithm and/or profiling that is bugging me.

Sounds GOOD, and I *DO* have hope for the Kemper as I think it's a bitchin' ass idea and they are SO CLOSE but I've heard tones from PODFarm that I like more, TBH...aside from the VH4.. that one is fucking GREATTTTTTTTTTT.

...and I usually don't really dig the VH4 sound that much.

My $0.02

Sounds GOOD, and I *DO* have hope for the Kemper as I think it's a bitchin' ass idea and they are SO CLOSE but I've heard tones from PODFarm that I like more, TBH...aside from the VH4.. that one is fucking GREATTTTTTTTTTT.

Heard this one yet?

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/jtdunne/sets/kemperroseofsharyntest[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I tried to listen as blind as I could. The 6505 sounded best to me. The Marshall 410h surprised me. I've never really like either of these amps much.

Jeff you 6505 sounds rad, stock ampfactory profile?

Jeff you 6505 sounds rad, stock ampfactory profile?

Jeff, which of the 6505 ampfactory profiles did you use?
I bought the amp pack 3 yesterday but didn't have much time tweaking yet...
So those tones you listen here are very little tweaked, no post eq (KPA or DAW), no compression, nothing, just the amp section EQ, witch doesn't work as a tone stack does, though.

Pretty sure it's just 6505 lead and the 6505 lead + TS. nonTS version has my OD808 in front. Worth noting that I always tweak the profiles and set the 'pick' and 'compression' bit back to 0, turn off the eq stomp/post-eq he has on the presets, turn off reverb, etc. I then stick in the studio eq to boost top end and dip a bit in the upper midrange; I've actually taken to recording the signal, eq'ing in the DAW, and then applying the same curve within the unit and re-recording.