Kemper vs Mesa BLIND TEST

Why thank you ;)

I saw I got a handful right, but also missed a transition.

That being said, it wasn't a glaring difference by any means, and it's a damn close comparison. I'm glad you did this :D

Cheers,

Greg

can you describe what you were concentrating on while listening for differences?

youll hear a HUGE difference when comparing the profile vs the miced signal NOT passing the kempers a/d + whatever it does to the signal, because thats pretty drastic. it cuts away a lot below 200 HZ (which the kemper still has problems to recreate). dont get me wrong : i love the kemper, and its an amazing piece of gear. but it DOES sound different when compared as i said. if i find the time im gonna show you guys. nevertheless, great tone. the kemper is just amazing.

I really don't care for this difference. On a mix its impossible to notice. I can't tell which one is the MESA or the KPA. On several blind tests I did, the KPA sounded better...
and its possible to reamp twice as fast with kemper. One track going through the real gear and another trhough the profile.

Good one Lasse! I couldn't hear a difference and frankly couldn't give a shit. :) Sounds good and that's the point, right? I know too that it's so close that a blind test will fuck will peoples minds. Especially if you're in the same room. :D

Keep filling the internet with these comparisons, and people will do the same over and over again. :)

Pink: Real Mesa
Green: Kemper

Real one has juicier/more natural sounding mids, but the Kemper has better clarity and tightness, so it might be the better overall tone. I don't really like real rectos all that much, so that's not a surprise to me.

The difference is very small here, but you can hear it. I have a Kemper and I think it never sounds or feels quite as juicy/fluid as a real amp, so it's not quite as fun to play, but it can sit in a mix really well obviously.

Immensely accurate. I feel the purple has a bit more noise to it, most noticeable on silence and palm mutes. Green wins me. I hope that's the kemper, because it just goes to show we're closing in on digital reconstruction and reproduction of real tough hardware. Also is less expensive than having nine different amps and no client would be able to tell the difference.

Pink: Real Mesa
Green: Kemper

Real one has juicier/more natural sounding mids, but the Kemper has better clarity and tightness, so it might be the better overall tone. I don't really like real rectos all that much, so that's not a surprise to me.

The difference is very small here, but you can hear it. I have a Kemper and I think it never sounds or feels quite as juicy/fluid as a real amp, so it's not quite as fun to play, but it can sit in a mix really well obviously.

+1

From using the Kemper myself, I think it is the green. It does make the sound a bit ...crispier if that makes sense.

Blind I only heard one transition near the beginning. Later on, not really. I wonder if was some sort delay when putting the clip together or maybe just that riff.

Even with the visual aid, the difference is really minimal. Well and that is why I bought one.

Really hard to tell which is the Kemper even with the visual help. And as others pointed out the difference is so small that in a mix it will not matter. From my experience with the Kemper, it sounds ever so slightly more polished and a tiny hair less raw than a real amp in the mix. I think green is the Kemper.

youll hear a HUGE difference when comparing the profile vs the miced signal NOT passing the kempers a/d + whatever it does to the signal, because thats pretty drastic. it cuts away a lot below 200 HZ (which the kemper still has problems to recreate). dont get me wrong : i love the kemper, and its an amazing piece of gear. but it DOES sound different when compared as i said. if i find the time im gonna show you guys. nevertheless, great tone. the kemper is just amazing.

well, what you're hearing in this comparison is the mic'd amp NOT going through the Kemper!
2 seperate reamping sessions.

I really don't care for this difference. On a mix its impossible to notice. I can't tell which one is the MESA or the KPA. On several blind tests I did, the KPA sounded better...
and its possible to reamp twice as fast with kemper. One track going through the real gear and another trhough the profile.

+1