Kenny Hickey (Type O Negative) Triaxis Settings!!!

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I saw Type O Negative last night with Hatebreed and I noticed right out in the open, Kenny had his rig:

l_44beae1986779b75e0b57a859283e430.jpg

l_93d8d909c66c34e79f6068f4dcab491a.jpg

He had the Rectifier on top most likely as a backup, as it wasn't turned on the entire show. In the rack he had:
TC Electronic G Force
Mesa Triaxis
Mesa 2:90

Here were his settings:

Gain - Treb - Mid - Bass - LD1 - LD2 - Mas - Pres - DynVc - Mode
--2 -- 4.5 -- 7.5 -- 6.5 -- 0.0 -- 0.0 -- 5.0 -- 4.5 -- 7.0 -- RhyGreen
--8 -- 6.5 -- 4.0 -- 4.5 -- 0.0 -- 7.0 -- 5.5 -- 3.5 -- 5.5 -- LD2 Red
--8 -- 4.5 -- 4.5 -- 5.0 -- 0.0 -- 6.5 -- 5.5 -- 4.5 -- 5.5 -- LD2 Red
--8 -- 6.5 -- 4.5 -- 4.0 -- 0.0 -- 7.0 -- 6.0 -- 3.5 -- 6.0 -- LD2 Red

He only used 4 channels. The clean, first channel was on patch 63. His main rhythm he used most of the time was on patch 60...the second one down. The other two, I didn't get to pay much attention to. I think the last setting was more of a lead boost. He had "Modern" and "Deep" engaged on the 2:90 for all settings. He was engaging effects separately, as they weren't on all the time...mostly lots of delay & verb.

I will say that his sound is mostly a product of his style and his instrument, as he uses a sustainer system heavily. He has lately been playing a custom lime green Schecter C-1 Neck-thru Baritone with black binding...not sure what his bridge pickup is, though I'm pretty sure it is passive.

i mean its cool you went through all this for settings......but why would anyone want the settings for type o's guitar tone.....Dont get me wrong im a type o fan but the guitar tone is usually awful on this latest one its alot better but nothing to scream about.....It works for type o though......

i would have got the dude from Hatebreeds settings whats his name Razor or something like that...

His guitar tone is actually really good...it's the bass tone you hear more though, as it seems guitar isn't the fully prominent instrument in Type O Negative. Triaxis artist presets have seemed to be somewhat elusive, and as a triaxis owner I was compelled to not only take note but share the wealth for those who care. Besides, not everyone likes the way Loomis's tone sounds either, or name-your-guitarist's tone, etc.

Hatebreed sounded like shit, to be honest. The only thing mildly impressive about thier sound was the drums at this show. They were using Marshall TSL100's. Thier tone wasn't even remotely impressive to make up for the blandness of thier music either...very gritty/grindy and lacking definition.

It's fine if you don't want/need anything from this post. It's for the ones who do.