Kerrang Awards - VOTE OPETH (if you like!)

I actually thought they were British from 1997 to 2000 or so, didn't have internet or anything so it was semi reasonable :)

Chaostar said:
So do I... And I don't have to lie to answer this, Damnation IS IMO The best 2003 album, so far... beyond Amorphis's Far From The Sun :)

I guess who it is :wave:

You're not meant to vote for EVERYTHING as 'Opeth' :p

There are OTHER bands out there contrary to popular belief! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Firstly though, while I'm not sure, I think it's fair enough to assume that you should include releases all the way up to this time last year As even thought it's the '2003 Metal awards' we've only covered half the stuff that's coming out this year...

Secondly, how can someone say that Damnation is the best METAL ALBUM of the year?? :confused:

Granted, I'd say Opeth are the best international artist, but D2 is simpy not metal, so if your going to put an Opeth album up there for nomination as 'best album', please, at least put DELIVERANCE up there instead! (As it came out end of last year and should still be a valid nomination).

Even then, it is my opinion that we've seen better Metal Albums from artists other than Opeth, but yet again, that's just my opinion.

Please people, think before you actually put your votes 'down to paper' if you know what mean, don't go blindly adding votes with out at least considering what else has come out this year to date.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why I bother, seeing the shambles that was LAST YEARS Kerrang awards. :bah:

Spike

P.S. I see why you'd still like people to vote though Lora, and don't worry I cast my vote for Opeth in the applicable fields. ;)

P.P.S. Why can't I think of a single English band... let alone a new british act? :err: