Kerrang: Master of Puppets

I second Andy's assesment that RF's vox sounds pretty killer like on the older stuff.

I'm not really feeling the production on any of these songs, but what can we really expect from a free disc?

Nebulous said:
MH-Battery: im quite pleased to hear how that sounded, though the snipet of the intro so sounds like In Flames
Trivium-MoP: If the vocals weren't so fuckin EMO i might like it a bit mroe
Mendeed-TTTSNB: not a big fan, sounds too fast and weak
Bullet for my valentine-Sanitarium: Clean vox dont do that song justice in the heavy sections
Chimaira-Disposable heros: somehow they make it sound too repetitive, might be the drums and the way they were mixed.
Fightstar-Leper messiah: Not too bad, also sounds like its just a few BPM too fast.
Mastodon-Orion: sounds weak
FFAF-Damge Inc.: Mix sounds decent, performance is no where near it.

Why did i coment on this so extensively? i use to be a tallica fan boy, and even today i dont think any band should try to cover them.

dude question: do you actually know what emo is ? or what emo stands for ? im sick of people saying: this is emo, that is emo etc etc etc

got to say I think MH is the best, just for the fact they actually have some energy and sound like they have the right feel. Lets face it, Demmel and Flynn....thats about as Bay area as you can get, and it sounds like they are enjoying it. I was actually surprised by Fightstar also, bit of a different slant but Charlies vocals are kinda cool and he bought me a curry, so he's ok with me.

although i havent listened to this yet....im still shocked at
mastodons bill kellehers VH100R endorsement....and opeth for the matter.
they must have some tube changes or something because i tryed it the other day with an esp and semoyre jb pu (the best pickup in the world!!! screw you emg 81/85 lovers, pun intended.:) ) . and it sounded reeeeally thin.

maybe im just bullshiting...then i apologize....im reaaally friggin drunk

Mendel said:
dude question: do you actually know what emo is ? or what emo stands for ? im sick of people saying: this is emo, that is emo etc etc etc

Yeah man, i do.
Though having said that i MIGHT have just jumped the gun on it. I have to admit though, i only recently found out what it was, and since then it has bothered me alot, i can't realy explain why, so i wont try.
What i meant by the statement was: it's MoP for crying out loud- you dont sing it with a whinny voice, you scream it, otherwise, you dont touch it. Yes, i thought his vox sounded whinny, if you didnt and you liked it- great.