keyboard help needed

Chamet

Keepin' it bonzer
Dec 29, 2005
England
i cant believe im back here but i had nowhere else to go...
ok here is the thing. i was thinking of giving my brother a keyboard for his birthday, but the problem is that i dont know anything about keyboards, so i need someone to help me decide what a good keyboard would be for a beginner.
i was thinking of buying him this: http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards...oards/Korg_K49_MIDI_Controller_Keyboard8.html

but im not sure if its any good.

and my price range is £80 max

thanks

Dude, what the fuck do you do with a 80£ keyboard? ..I suggest you pay a piano lesson course for him, if he can't play. Cuz if he could play I'd think he'd have a keyboard..

this is exactly why i left the forum, you people are fuckin useless, if you dont have anything goos to say just stfu.
there are only a very small number of people who actually take things seriously.

Dude, what the fuck do you do with a 80£ keyboard?

im gonna put it up your mom's ass. and dont edit your fuckin post to make it look good.

I added something up to it, whiner. I took your post seriously. It's better to go to a class than buy a shit keyboard for starters which you'll eventually disc or sell. Pay him a lesson course and if he gets in to it, tell him to buy a Korg X50 for example. Fair enough?

I added something up to it, whiner. I took your post seriously. It's better to go to a class than buy a shit keyboard for starters which you'll eventually disc or sell. Pay him a lesson course and if he gets in to it, tell him to buy a Korg X50 for example. Fair enough?

ok, but if you dont already know im only 16 and i dont work...and dont have time to work, so there is no way i can afford more that a few lessons, and i dont think he'll learn anything new by goin to a few lessons only as he already knows some stuff cuz he does music at school...

this is exactly why i left the forum

And you didn't leave it dumass. I've had the same problem, but it's a metal forum with metal people, you'll need to adapt. If you want to discuss philosophically about Children of Bodom and not just fuck around then go to scythes-of-bodom.com forum.

And you didn't leave it dumass. I've had the same problem, but it's a metal forum with metal people, you'll need to adapt. If you want to discuss philosophically about Children of Bodom and not just fuck around then go to scythes-of-bodom.com forum.

first of all stop being ghey.
second, this is Children of Bodom OFF TOPIC, who said people discuss CoB here for me to leave this and go to the scythes-of-bodom.com forums?
and last, i did leave cobot, i just came to ask something.
so stfu, and again, stop being ghey.

I wouldn't buy anything worth 80£ for a birthday present to my bro no matter who he is. But maybe just go get something with only keys and sound and nothing more so it's cheap and he may learn something. But he'll get bored with a toy like that, trust me. Don't waste your money, imagine all the booze you could get with that money. Get yourself 8 bottles of tequila and present him with one.

first of all stop being ghey.
second, this is Children of Bodom OFF TOPIC, who said people discuss CoB here for me to leave this and go to the scythes-of-bodom.com forums?
and last, i did leave cobot, i just came to ask something.
so stfu, and again, stop being ghey.

I think it's you being ghey buying your bro a keyboard.. just take my tip and get outta my face wanker.

I think it's you being ghey buying your bro a keyboard.. just take my tip and get outta my face wanker.

wow you are dumber than i thought.
didnt you read what i said you cock face? i dont have the money to pay for lessons..maybe you do as you make cash like crazy by lettin men fuck you, but that doesnt mean everyone has money.

I wouldn't buy anything worth 80£ for a birthday present to my bro no matter who he is. But maybe just go get something with only keys and sound and nothing more so it's cheap and he may learn something. But he'll get bored with a toy like that, trust me. Don't waste your money, imagine all the booze you could get with that money. Get yourself 8 bottles of tequila and present him with one.

wow thats the most retarded thing i've ever read.

I don't know anything about good keyboards.

But imho it's absolutely cool to buy a keyboard instead of paying the lessons (@joonas: do you even know how expensive piano lessons are?), also his brother needs an instrument to practice the stuff he learns at school.

So IF you can get a keyboard for 80 bucks (yamaha psr-series?), you could buy it and your brother would have to harass your parents to pay the lessons.

Concerning the keyboard quality, you should ask in special musician's-boards. You'll get a much more capable opinion than on COBOT. Also, look for used instruments!

Respect that you try to motivate your brother to learn an instrument.
@joonas::erk:

I don't know anything about good keyboards.

But imho it's absolutely cool to buy a keyboard instead of paying the lessons (@joonas: do you even know how expensive piano lessons are?), also his brother needs an instrument to practice the stuff he learns at school.

So IF you can get a keyboard for 80 bucks (yamaha psr-series?), you could buy it and your brother would have to harass your parents to pay the lessons.

Concerning the keyboard quality, you should ask in special musician's-boards. You'll get a much more capable opinion than on COBOT. Also, look for used instruments!

Respect that you try to motivate your brother to learn an instrument.
@joonas::erk:

hehe thanks for the reply, and yea i've been on a few musicians boards but i've had no replies yet...thats why i came here :p

looks like you can snag this beauty for only 55

55.jpg

i cant believe im back here but i had nowhere else to go...
ok here is the thing. i was thinking of giving my brother a keyboard for his birthday, but the problem is that i dont know anything about keyboards, so i need someone to help me decide what a good keyboard would be for a beginner.
i was thinking of buying him this: http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards...oards/Korg_K49_MIDI_Controller_Keyboard8.html

but im not sure if its any good.

and my price range is £80 max

thanks

I dunno about that, because it's true that you won't get really far with £80, but I think it's already something. Better than some keyboards I have seen, I think. So I think you should buy this one. At that price, it's probably the best deal.

But why don't you ask your parents if they want to buy him one with you... like not buy him anything else but you all put money on it so there is a lot, so you can get a kick-ass keyboard ? I mean he'd get one gift but at least it would be one GOOD gift. I don't know much about keyboards, mine is shitty, but I still think it's better that way than if he plays a bad one for like one year and then has to save a lot of money for a good one.