Which Keyboard Should I Get?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
ATM I have a Casio keyboard that cost about 600€, and is mostly used as home keyboard to help in making computer music, but I've figured I'd needpersonal education to ever be able to do that, plus to win in lottery to get enough money for all the required equipment.

So the deal is, I love both, making music, and playing synth as an instrument alone.

I need to buy a synthesizer keyboard (like the one Janne plays..) this coming winter, and need some advice which would be considerable the best option.

I also need to make a decision whether I'm gonna keep the keyboard I have now because it's possible to make music with it, sort of, or to sell it to have more money for a good synth.

I'm thinking it could cost like 1000€-1500€.

(Dunno if I should've posted this at the off-topic..)

Btw, what's the most expensive keyboard/synthesizer you know? I saw this one in a magazine that cost 4.500€ and was full of buttons and shit.. x)

Anyway, I need to be able to play on stage with it, do stuff with it in my studio.. but I don't know shit about connecting the thing to computer so forget about that.

And : preferably between 1000€-1500€

this one would suit you.
bush_butt_plug.jpg

Joonas Lehtonen said:
ATM I have a Casio keyboard that cost about 600€, and is mostly used as home keyboard to help in making computer music, but I've figured I'd needpersonal education to ever be able to do that, plus to win in lottery to get enough money for all the required equipment.

So the deal is, I love both, making music, and playing synth as an instrument alone.

I need to buy a synthesizer keyboard (like the one Janne plays..) this coming winter, and need some advice which would be considerable the best option.

I also need to make a decision whether I'm gonna keep the keyboard I have now because it's possible to make music with it, sort of, or to sell it to have more money for a good synth.

I'm thinking it could cost like 1000€-1500€.

(Dunno if I should've posted this at the off-topic..)
Bergis_Gay_Day.gif

if you are planning to do some home music besides playing it for your own joy
you really should be able to handle all the buttons and connecting to the computer stuff :p
its like a guitar player that don't know how to change his strings...

as it already have been said go for korg this thingy rock. korg makes monster machines for home and studio use though they are kinda bitch to carry with you gigins if we are talking about korg karma for example :)
kurzweil are nice too

and its like everything in this like you better save your money and buy something good than buy cheap ass crap that you will throw away shortly after cause it wont be the thing that you have been looking for

go to some local music store and try shit out

Ruins said:
if you are planning to do some home music besides playing it for your own joy
you really should be able to handle all the buttons and connecting to the computer stuff :p
its like a guitar player that don't know how to change his strings...

as it already have been said go for korg this thingy rock. korg makes monster machines for home and studio use though they are kinda bitch to carry with you gigins if we are talking about korg karma for example :)
kurzweil are nice too

and its like everything in this like you better save your money and buy something good than buy cheap ass crap that you will throw away shortly after cause it wont be the thing that you have been looking for

go to some local music store and try shit out

I was thinking about something that looks like this: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/ProAudio/Product/Enlarged/S90ES_Front_Enlarged.jpg

The Korg represented here looks so much like a basic keyboard and is probably shitty to carry to gigs and so. I really need to think about everything before I make a decision, because I don't want to realize later this sucks and sell it to get another one.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I was thinking about something that looks like this: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/ProAudio/Product/Enlarged/S90ES_Front_Enlarged.jpg

The Korg represented here looks so much like a basic keyboard and is probably shitty to carry to gigs and so. I really need to think about everything before I make a decision, because I don't want to realize later this sucks and sell it to get another one.
i don't know about that keyboard you got to try it spend some time with it see how it suit your needs.
and already been said yamaha do suck so far as i know unless you invest some money in their best of the best and it should be something but any how
Korg takes everything else :)

both of my old band keyboarders used Roland rs-70 which is quite nice keyboard for it price
051205_113547-157_DSC07961.JPG

as you see its light and not big very well to take and gig with it
default patches are also nice and it has enough options to create your own
we played from dream theater to heavy and gothic and at his free time our keyboarder even did some kick ass trance music (even though i hate this kind ) this keyboard didn't fail him with anything he needed it for

My friends have Korg Triton's
THe one who actually knows how to use it really loves it, and tells me its great for everything he does, and he does everything.

He plays alot of metla synth on it with effects like leads, strings, choirs and brass effects, but also the guy made techno type stuff with it too and some industrail music with it. He also joined a joke rap band and made all the music with his keyboard. Funny stuff, but it works well.

My other freind just sits at home learning video game themes on the same 5 effects pretty much wasting his money :p

They each payed $1200 CND, so Euro its probably like 10, but they are good machines.