Keyboard Shit

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
I'm wrestling with my WK-3200 electronic keyboard and I'd like you people to share your thoughts about keyboards here so I can learn better. First question: where can I find sound samples from the net to download onto the keyboard? Like heavy/death/metal sounds, not this happy gay shit the keyboard is cursed with. Better guitar/bass/keyboard(/drum?) sounds..

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I'm wrestling with my WK-3200 electronic keyboard and I'd like you people to share your thoughts about keyboards here so I can learn better. First question: where can I find sound samples from the net to download onto the keyboard? Like heavy/death/metal sounds, not this happy gay shit the keyboard is cursed with. Better guitar/bass/keyboard(/drum?) sounds..

You'll never ever ever ever find a good guitar sound or decent drums on a keyboard. To sound good with then, it needs WAYY more power than the keyboard can hope to process.

-Gavin- said:
You'll never ever ever ever find a good guitar sound or decent drums on a keyboard. To sound good with then, it needs WAYY more power than the keyboard can hope to process.
Or ever will be able to, period.
The keyboard doesn't have dynamics and feel that are key for a guitar characteristic sound.

So it doesn't help if I record the sounds 'live'? Of course you could only "play guitar" on a keyboard in theory. I'm just trying to make some sort of techno or something, the kind of music you listen to when you're stoned and lying on a couch or something.. Just this masculine drum beat with bass lines, and some shit to spice it up, like keyboard/guitar, to create the party feeling. But if you've got links to some good sound samples to download I'd appreciate it. Gotta get something ready for spring to the summer house. There's girls with good tits coming along too so keep that in mind.

Well your not looking on your keyboard verywell then are you.

Harpsichord - Turn Dual on it may be under a diffent name but it is normaly located close to the "Split" "Harmony" butons, now when you play if you leave a key pressed down a string section will take over on that note, and you will never be able to make the guitar sound beter becasue your keyboard is bassed on GM and it is the law, THE LAW!!!!!

and you will find the beter your skill gets on the keyboard the nicer every thing sounds.

^ I'll have to read that carefully and see what you're saying..

Well, it's pretty fucking difficult to get into this machine.. of course I'll make as good shit as I can, when I learn things.

-Gavin- said:

Wrong. Jordan Rudess has an amazing guitarsound in his keyboard, believe me. Just watch a newest Dream Theater live DVD, and you'll see what I mean.

Jesse- said:
Wrong. Jordan Rudess has an amazing guitarsound in his keyboard, believe me. Just watch a newest Dream Theater live DVD, and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah, but Rudess :worship::worship::worship:

I haven't seen the new DVD yet but I bet that he's not using the default keyboard modules alone, he probably has a huge rack full of them. He can also try to get a dry guitar (i.e. before entering the pre-amp) sound out of the keyboard run it through a real guitar amp to get a realistic tone.