Khold - new lowpoint in black metal

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
I had read about Khold's new album, Phantom. Some called it avant-garde masterpiece. Revolutionizing black metal. Another injection of originality into black metal by Moonfog. This is all a lie. Khold is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I thought no band could possible make album more sterile and boring than Satyricon's Rebel Extravaganza. This makes RE sound more interesting than ressurection of Dead and Euronymous for new Mayhem album. Drying paint is more interesting listen than Khold.

They can play their instruments, and have ok sound quality, but everything else is wrong. The songs crawl like dead horses, and seconds seem like minutes with this band. A sterile, emotionless void of creativity, it is almost impossible to even hate the music they play, it is simply so mediocre there is nothing to be said about it. They seem to think avant-garde image can compensate for lack of any songwriting skills. This is low-point even for Moonfog's repertoir of "creative", "original" and "avant-garde" artists. Anybody who claims they like this is a liar or a band member's mother.

Ormir from MotherNorth (and this is like saying Ormir, my child!!!!!)
thanx for what you said about Khold.... I'll remember your words and I'll go to find something from them, in this way I could give a sense to Rebel Extravaganza and so justify the money I paid for that album.....

I like khold
masterpiss of pain is better than phantom, though
it's catchy and pleasant
comfortable
and I love the vocals

NP - KHOLD - Phantom - Death Crop
phantom.jpg

Hail KHOLD and all the bands that make this grim sound with only guitars, bass and drums. Hail to this great bass sound.

I saw them live with Carpathian Forest and was really amused by the outfit... the frontmans skirt looked like a carpet...
I like the music from Masterpiss of Pain, but didn`t hear something from the new album...

To me they're just boring.Nothig less,nothing more.I meen-it is okay when you make nothing new and just but a grim blackmetal release out-when you make it good.But they're just the normal,evil...in german i qould say black metal-"Einheitsbrei".Don't know how to say in English sry.Not really good...but not bad at all.