Kick and Snare Samples

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
Hey guys. Had some really nice drums to record this weekend. A Mapex Saturn kit. Was beautiful. Nice and sparkly with nice new heads. The kick drum had a mirror skin on the front... I loved it!

We hired out a log cabin for the weekend to record the drums. It's going to be a bonus track on our new EP.

The snare drum was an FVF Custom snare. It was 20ply maple sandwiching acrylic. Looked sort of like this but with offset lugs.

Picture1-1.png

Anyway, samples are here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3526809/SAMPLES.zip

There's 3 hard kick hits. The third one is the one I ended up using. Was miced with an Audix D6 right in the hole. There was a kick port thing on the hole which gave off a lot more beef from the kick. I had to get the mic in past it to get the attack I needed.

There's 3 hard/medium/soft hits for the snare drum. It's just the dry drum. It was recorded with a Shure Beta 57 about 2 inches above the head pointing towards the middle of the drum.

Hope somebody finds these useful :)

Btw I'm not good in making gog files for this but could someone do that? Would really love to use these samples because they sound AMAZING!