Kick Ass Carcass Video

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I just found this online, brought back some good memories. Carcass was one of my favorite bands back in the day. I didn't like the last few albums but they had some pretty cool shit before that

http://www.earache.com/Video/Carcass/CarcassHWDSL.ram

:hotjump:

There are so many bands out today that just can't touch bands like Carcass. As I lay Dying, Trivium etc etc. They all are just watered down versions of bands like this

Onslaught said:
the best album for me is Necrotisicm Descanting the Insalubrious :headbang:

Yeah I agree with you thats my favorite as well. It was great unique heavy as fuck death metal. There was some good shit on Symphonies of Sickness and Reek. Heartwork I didn't like as much when it came out because of the more thrashy sound, but now I like it a lot more. I still don't like Swansong

Onslaught said:
Really? the main difference between the old ones and Heartwork are the vocals, Jeff Walker sing on the whole album as well, in Swansong album too, for me this last lp's are brilliant, and the best post-Carcass album is Black Star's Barbed Wire Soul, was the same line up of Swansong without Steer.

The vocals are actually the last thing I think of in the main difference. The older stuff was way more grindcore and chaotic. The later stuff was more refined and thrashy. Less death metal more thrash.

I thought after heartwork they became almost comercial sounding and I didn't care for it

Good call.

For what it's worth (i.e. nothing), here's my ratings and discussion on each official release:

Reek - Pure pathological grindcore. Some great songs, hidden by a hidious production.

Symphonies - More pure metal riffs hidden in grindy death metal - moments of pure genius abound (Exhume to Consume etc)

Necroticism - Pure death metal. The BEST death metal album ever written, with 8 of the 10 best riffs ever written.

Tools of The trade e.p. - the real mix of death metal and the style to come...

Heartwork - The most influential album of the 90s for metal? Single handedly started the melodic death metal vein, which would see bands such as at the gates continue the legacy...

Swansong - Much maligned. YEs, its more of a Carcass meets Megadeth affair, leaning heavily on rock and thrash, but it was ahead of its time. Had it been released by any other band, it would have been a success.

Wake up and smell the carcass (CD) - great value of b-sides, live versions and bonus tracks. Essential for the fan.

Choice cuts - worth the admission for the "Peel Sessions"

Carcassian said:
Good call.

For what it's worth (i.e. nothing), here's my ratings and discussion on each official release:

Reek - Pure pathological grindcore. Some great songs, hidden by a hidious production.

Symphonies - More pure metal riffs hidden in grindy death metal - moments of pure genius abound (Exhume to Consume etc)

Necroticism - Pure death metal. The BEST death metal album ever written, with 8 of the 10 best riffs ever written.

Tools of The trade e.p. - the real mix of death metal and the style to come...

Heartwork - The most influential album of the 90s for metal? Single handedly started the melodic death metal vein, which would see bands such as at the gates continue the legacy...

Swansong - Much maligned. YEs, its more of a Carcass meets Megadeth affair, leaning heavily on rock and thrash, but it was ahead of its time. Had it been released by any other band, it would have been a success.

Wake up and smell the carcass (CD) - great value of b-sides, live versions and bonus tracks. Essential for the fan.

Choice cuts - worth the admission for the "Peel Sessions"

You hit the nail right into the head:D God, I love Carcass:headbang: