Kick-Ass Metal DVDs

When HYPOCRISY's "Virus" album was released, it contained a bonus DVD of a complete live set. If you can find that, GET IT! I've almost wore-out my copy watching it so many times. It's sheer orgasmic metal.

Some other suggestions:

SYL - "For those about to rock" DVD

Monsters of Metal (DVD compilations put out by Nuclear Blast and Century Media... any of the volumes are good). They also have released sets called Monsters of Death --with more death-metal related material on it, of course.

Emperor - Imperial Live Ceremony

good luck man! :headbang:

Ooh, I've gotta grab that Evergrey DVD, "In Search of Truth" is one of my top 20 albums

It's really a great DVD. The live performance mix is fantastic, especially in 5.1. Also, the interviews are pretty informative since the whole band gets time to speak.

Also, they basically have studio/live footage from every stage of their career.

-Joe

Heaven & Hell -at Radio City Music Hall....kicks ass..filmed in HD,,,killer sound too! and set list..
Ozzy Osbourne- Live at Budukon..killer sound..and songs..Zakk plays great on it too...
Testamnet Live in London..killer sound.. video is good too...only thing is the camera shots are every3 - 5 seconds,,,so it jumps around kinda fast..But amazing concert sound though..especially Alex's leads..
Dio- Evil Or Divine , Great sound...Dio sounds great on it, and Doug Aldrich really kills on guitar too!

also the.. Overkill - Wrecking Everything..an evening in Asbury park...killer sound and set list..almost every great Overkill song you could think of..very long set...filmed well too! plus it came with an extra dvd.."the story of..overkill etc." cool info and tidbits

i like watching the more entertaining DVD's
like Killadelphia or the Pantera videos

it's just much more fun watching their bus break down & guys punching each other in the face:)

most bands live acts suck...the only two shows i really wanna go to are Gwar (for their live act) & Wacken (pure experience) :headbang:

I know it's not metal or a DVD, but Porcupine Tree albums in surround are like a threesome, but better-smelling.

Jeff

ROFL...

The Porcupine Tree "Arriving Somewhere..." live DVD is amazing also.

As for metal, in addition to the excellent DVDs many have mentioned above that I own (Opeth, Arch Enemy, SYL, KsE, Emperor, etc.):
  • PAIN and HYPOCRISY both have awesome DVDs
  • Dimmu Borgir's World Misanthropy DVD is inspiring
  • I am angry that Soilwork never did a DVD, especially now that Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning are no longer in the band
  • The bonus DVD from Devin Townsend's Synchestra album has a cool in-studio full-band live performance featuring songs from most of Devin's albums. Not to be missed
  • Fear Factory's Digital Connectivity DVD is a decent band retrospective from the Dino Cazares period but is goofy to navigate and needs more live footage, cool if you're a big fan though
  • I wish there was a DVD of Testament - Live at the Fillmore. No live DVD with James on guitar, oh well, at least we have the album.
  • Eagerly awaiting Opeth's Roundhouse Tapes DVD.
  • Led Zeppelin's Led Zeppelin DVD is absolutely amazing and is actually not one, but two DVDs. After they spent years amassing and digitally restoring all this footage, you'd think they could have come up with a better title though. :lol:

I love Emperor`s DVD, but it has bad DVD production: mono sound (as mentioned) and low audio bitrate while video bitrate allows usage of uncompressed PCM tracks.
Size of DVD is also small. But excelent performance. If only this DVD was made like Cannibal Corpse Live Cannibalism/Monolith DVD (PCM tracks, unlike initial versions)...
I think that Kataklysm`s Live in Deutschland DVD has great sound (DD stereo, DVD box claims PCM stereo).
Vader`s More Vision And The Voice has good 5.1 concert mix (IMHO).

All That Remains
Killswitch Engage - (Set This) World Ablaze
Lamb Of God - Killadelphia
Slipknot's Disasterpieces
Machine Head - Elegies
Chimaira - Dehumanizing Process
In Flames - Used and Abused
Godsmack - Changes
Ill Nino - Live From the Eye of the Storm
Children Of Bodom - Stockholm Knockout
Bullet For My Valentine

The Blind Guardian DVD (Imaginations Through The Looking Glass) is absolutely amazing. The sound is awesome, 5.1 and everything, and some of the songs on the DVD actually sound better than the originally recorded versions. I highly recommend it :headbang:

The Blind Guardian DVD (Imaginations Through The Looking Glass) is absolutely amazing. The sound is awesome, 5.1 and everything, and some of the songs on the DVD actually sound better than the originally recorded versions. I highly recommend it :headbang:

Dude, is that DVD doctored? They hit every fkn note perfect. I just saw it Saturday. They can't be that good. Anyway, it was a good metal DVD, agreed there.