KickAss Local Metal

arch_enemy666

I Wanna Rock!
Sep 14, 2003
California
Visit site
This is a thread to post links or introduce some good local metal bands in your area that some of us may not have had a chance hear yet, or a band that isn't so local but they have little reconition. So help some bands get heard.

I'll start:
This band Osmium are a thrash band out of San Jose, California, they just recently broke-up, but still some KickAss shit to listen to.

This Band Shattered aren't local for me but I found them from the U.K. some cool melodic shit.

This thread will probably fail since PrincipleHero didn't start it :mad:

Band called "Blind Stare" resides close to where i live. Finland that is. They just released their first album some time ago even tho the band i kinda old and experiened already. Official site is at http://www.blindstare.net/ and i sugges the song "Shotgun symphony" from their first album. I must say i liked the sounds of demos more than the actual album, the album has kinda too raw sounds for the music which is quite melodic and many more melodic parts are put on technoish computer samples which i must say i do not like too much, but it's worth checking out.

you guys should check out Demiricous. they are from Indiana and just got signed by metal blade, and they just finished recording. they are more melodic death metal. another band is Rival, they also have gotten signed by metal blade and are personal friends of mine. they are definitly something you guys should check out.

Hey guys, I'm just going around and posting to let people know about our new demo we released. We're a metal band named Guillotine from the US. You can download the demo for free on our site at

GuillotineMetal.com

We just want to give people a chance to hear our music, we're not trying to make money from you or anything, just if you want to listen to our songs you are welcome.

Thanks for any interest!

SeveredWings said:
Hey guys, I'm just going around and posting to let people know about our new demo we released. We're a metal band named Guillotine from the US. You can download the demo for free on our site at

GuillotineMetal.com

We just want to give people a chance to hear our music, we're not trying to make money from you or anything, just if you want to listen to our songs you are welcome.

Thanks for any interest!

I like the background of your website, I like it ALOT :loco:

If any of you go on myspace or purevolume, or hell the internet, give Sinter a listen. The name may not grab you, but they have been around my local scene for a couple years now, I'd compare them to an epic melo death version of Iced Earth. Simply put, they slay. www.thechapelofbodan.com

Out of all the bands ive heard from this thread, i think Abigail williams is my favorite! Nice job guys!
My band Knorwood, is from Maryland, were all young and we play melodic metal a la opeth, Children of Bodom, Kalmah. Please give us a listen and tell us what you think. WOrd
www.myspace.com/knorwoodx
www.purevolume.com/knorwood
www.knorwood.tk
Please check us out. Abigail, if you ever tour, well hook you up with a place to sleep and a show here in MD. Word.

Hell Within (drummer was my drivers ed teacher)
Scattered Ashes (my bros best friends band)

They're metalcore with melodic elements.

Both are local to the Groton, MA area (Hell within claims to be from lowell/boston but the drummer I knew is from townsend which is the town next to mine). I could name a million more MA bands but you guys probaly know of them so I'll just do bands I know personally from my town.

Holy god, Alright, Guillotine your fucking everywhere i look man, and your from around here. Everywhere i post a promo of Knorwood your there too, haha its crazy, small world.
Word man, CHeers, lets play a show together.

Theres also this other band Orna Annon that were trying to play with, they are in our area, not too far they have some seriously crucial shit. wwww.myspace.com/ornaannon