Kickass Testament News!!!

creepindeath66

Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Mar 3, 2002
Rockville, MD
taken from: http://www.testamentlegions.com/index2.htm

UPDATE!!!
MAY 14, 2002

Chuck recently went in for a follow-up with his thoracic oncologist and was given a clean bill of health! Though there are few remaining pieces of tumor in his system, blood tests show low numbers in which they feel there is no reason for concern. Chuck's damaged heart valve and vein has healed itself, so he will not have to undergo corrective/replacement surgery. Chuck continues to get stronger everyday and will soon be raring to go! As you've heard, Chuck is working on his side-project with Steve DiGiorgio and Darren Travis.

Eric Peterson is still busy writing new material for the next Testament CD. It is taking a little more time since "The Gathering" will be a challenging act to follow. The next effort will be brutal with a lot of dual lead trade-offs between guitarists Peterson and Smyth. "Shred Guitar" fans are going to like this one...

Good news... i am glad that chuck is okay, i can't handle all of that cancer stuff... my old man (the bastard) had cancer when i was a kid... so it's hard when people i respect are sick with it... Brings back memories and stuff

so i'm glad the guy is okay...

Looking forward to the new testament... especially the SHRED comment...!! Maybe this one will be testament's version of POE or ...AJFA...?? he he. :)

Originally posted by creepindeath66 It is taking a little more time since "The Gathering" will be a challenging act to follow. [/B]

Challenging act to follow? That album was merely rehashed thrash riffs....oh wait, all TestAmenT albums but Low are unoriginal, my bad.

Good news on Billy though. Maybe this next one will rival Low...we shall see.

DavE

Originally posted by creepindeath66
taken from: http://www.testamentlegions.com/index2.htm

UPDATE!!!
MAY 14, 2002

Chuck recently went in for a follow-up with his thoracic oncologist and was given a clean bill of health! Though there are few remaining pieces of tumor in his system, blood tests show low numbers in which they feel there is no reason for concern. Chuck's damaged heart valve and vein has healed itself, so he will not have to undergo corrective/replacement surgery. Chuck continues to get stronger everyday and will soon be raring to go! As you've heard, Chuck is working on his side-project with Steve DiGiorgio and Darren Travis.

Eric Peterson is still busy writing new material for the next Testament CD. It is taking a little more time since "The Gathering" will be a challenging act to follow. The next effort will be brutal with a lot of dual lead trade-offs between guitarists Peterson and Smyth. "Shred Guitar" fans are going to like this one...

Dude you live in Rockville?? I didn't know that. I just moved there four months ago. So many Marylanders on this board.

Originally posted by Rusted_in_peace50
what poison god says is pretty much true. Old testament ruled because of Alex Skolnicks solos. Testaments riffs have always been pretty generic, including Low ;)

That's not true!!! Eric Peterson wrote some awesome riffs!!

I got to be in favor of Alex Scholnick.......he was awesome! Don't get me wrong, James Murphy is good too but I like Alex's soloing a lot better......
now the things that dissapointed me about them.......in Demonic, there was no James so there were like no solos....then The Gathering was like "WE GOT JAMES BACK!!" so I was expecting solos up the ying yang like in Low............ nope........ dissapointed....... what, like 2 solos (and those are IF you consider them solos!) Now that I read the shred shit... WOW, I can't wait.......hopefully I am not dissapointed again.......(don't get me wrong, I love 'em all)