Kickin' Myself....

Rager93

Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Hey Alll,

Finally broke down and ordered a Nevermore CD (after much badgering from the Nevermore fanatics that frequent the Queensryche newsgroup), and I'm absolutely kicking myself....

...For not getting into NEVERMORE sooner. Damn I've been spinning Dead Heart in a Dead World non stop for a full day now and once a got my ears around Dane's vocal styles and the flat out brutal riffage, I've been hooked.

These guys are as tight as my snare drum head. :D

So far stand outs for me on this disc are:

Narcosynthesis
We disintigrate
Evolution 169
The Heart Collector
Insignificant

Anyway back to Dead Heart....

Later
R93

One word: POE.

Well, that's three words really, plus 'The'.

So.

Four words!!

The politics of ecstasy!!

AHH THAT MUST BE THE DRUGS THEN, am I correct, greek man.

Welcome to the Adiction .......... I ment Fall
Next CD to buy for you shall be "Dreaming Neon Black"
Then to follow de-evolution will be P.O.E Then .....you get what I'm gettin'at

Welcome to the Fall

I think I'll just try to work my way backward in there catalog. I had actually hear thd song Dreaming Neon Black before I bought DHiaDW but after reading some reviews on the 2 discs decided to go with DHiaDW. I'm definately getting Neon Black next and by that time their new album should be out. So Politics of Ecstasy may have to wait a while.

Later
R93

get the first one...S.T

:"its a complex power packed sonic cd"
- MT

First one is gay, aside from What Tomorrow Knows, CBF and Garden...

POE is their masterpeice.

DHIADW just plain blows.

Originally posted by Trapped

DHIADW just plain blows.
First of all Godmoney is a cool song of the ST and I like Timothy Leary as well.
And second, saying DHIADW "just plain blows" is being alittle ignorant me thinks.

Ignorant is a word that sums up Trapped's state of mind pretty well. No offense but your attitude is just wrong.

Nevermore do it all for me man. Should be glad you found them out at all. Happy listening.

Im finally checking out death, and i got a control denied song the other day. very good. Any recommendations?

PS: P Gm, log on for a chat if your not busy.

The only song off S/T I don't like THAT much is Godmoney..the rest are top in my book,btw the last months this is the nevermore album i listen to the most,after poe

Originally posted by Trapped

DHIADW just plain blows.

Based on what you've written above I'm not sure if I'll like POE. Because if you think DHiaDW "Blows", then I would venture to guess our musical taste are highly divergent.

Here's a little background on my musical tastes/history:

At 7 I was exposed to "The Hottest Band in the World!! KISS" (that was in 1977 btw). I immediately enlisted in the KISS ARMY and proceeded to "wallpaper" my room with everything KISS. I bought every KISS LP from "The Originals" through Lick it Up. They were my favorite band until.....

In 1979 my best friend bought me Highway to Hell. We mourned the day Bon Scott died and couldn't believe AC/DC could go on without him. Yet Back in Black may in fact be their Masterpiece. AC/DC was tops until....

1982-1983...."Ozzy bit the head off a WHAT??!!" Blizzard and Diary didn't leave my turntable. Even went back and bought some Sabbath stuff but frankly it paled in comparison to Ozzy solo.

1983...The year that would define my musical identy for pretty much the rest of my life. My cousin plays an album that would define my musical world for a lot of my teenage years. Shout at the Devil is still one of my favorite albums. My brother picks up an album from on import bin because "it looked cool" From the openning note Geoff Tate sings on the EP, Queensryche hooked me.

1983-1986...Motley reigns supreme in my mind and on my turntable.

1986....Queensryche release their Masterpiece Rage for Order and entrench themselves as "The greatest band ever formed"...in my mind anyway.

1986 - 1994....Queensryche is far and away my favorite. However, 1986 - 1990 I also lived for "Hair/Glam Metal". I still love all those "80's bands". Poison, Cinderella, Dokken, Ratt, Warrant, Def Leppard, Y&T, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Skid Row, Stryper, Tesla, hell even Slaughter and Winger found their way into my CD player. I still love these bands and listen to them often. However, I also was into "True Metal" bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Ozzy, and Dio. Forayed into the world of Thrash/Speed Metal with bands like Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Venom, Exodus, etc but frankly they gave me a headache. Not my cup 'o tea at all.

1992 - 1994....Pearl Jam's Ten and Alice in Chain's Dirt don't leave my CD player. Still two of the greatest CDs in my entire collection. I never did connect with Nirvana or Soundgarden. <shrug>

1994 - 2002....Dream Theater awes and frusterates me with Awake and Images and Words. Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill captivates me. Tool absolutely floors me with Aenema. Fates Warning's A Pleasant Shade of Gray shows that a 57 minute song can be amazing. Creed brings back memories of great hooks and I consider them the 90's version of Bon Jovi/Def Leppard. Most of the "Rap Metal" is lost on me except for Papa Roach. I am definitely "down with The Sickness" and love Disturbed's 1st release.

And finally there's Nevermore's DHiaDW.....I am loving this album and it is definately more "Heavy Metal" then I've listened to in a while. I hear elements of everybody from Pantera to Bruce Dickinson solo to Queensryche to Megadeth to Dream Theater. It quite and interesting mix and I'm actually a bit surprised I'm digging it so much.

So that should give you an idea of where I'm coming from musically.

Do you still think I'd like The Politics of Ecstasy?

Later
R93

OH GOD HELP ME, DREAM THEATRE?? THEY SUX, WHERE IS DID DEATH METAL COME IN THIS AND GLAM.