Killing Touch - A must for prog fans

Great band, great album. You know it is the old singer for Vision Divine, dont you?

This is one super talented band... The vocals and piano work alone is mind blowing in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. Fans of VISION DIVINE or MICHELE LUPPI should look into this. This is by far my favorite release of 2009.

This release has everything I look for in an album. Top notch production, high end musicianship, soaring vocals & great songwriting with unbelievably catchy hooks/choruses. The songs show great synergy between melody, harmony & lyrics.

Great lead at (3:38)...

Last edited by a moderator:
You should check out the Vision Divine album Stream of Consciousness, one of the best progressive power metal disc in my opinion.

You know, I like Vision Divine after listening to the myspace, but I actually like Killing Touch much better. In Vision Divine it seems he does a little bit more of a rougher vocal delivery. Plus, the thing with Killing Touch is I was completely floored by the piano parts.

I'll have to give this another spin since it didn't grab me like I thought it would. I purchased this CD when the metal madman posted about this band awhile ago. I bought it without listening to any samples since I absolutely love the Vision Divine CDs that Luppi sings on. I haven't been on Vision Divine's MySpace page in awhile, but if they have samples of the songs off of Streams on Consciousness, definitely check them out. That CD is so amazing. When they played ProgPower a few years ago, I thought they were the best band of the weekend and totally stole the show. Luppi is one of the best sings I have ever heard. I know his solo CD, Strive, gets some negative reviews on this board, but I would check that CD out also. It is more AOR then metal, but his vocals are killer.

From Michele Luppi's Bio on [COLOR="Blue"]www.killingtouch.com[/COLOR]:

•Apart from teaching voice art in top Italian Music Schools and holding private lessons in his own studio, Michele has become one of Italy’s most sought after voice teachers and has organised a series of workshops based around his incredibly successful Voice Control method. At the time of writing more than 2000 students have benefited from learning Michele’s techniques.

•Between 2002 and 2003 he participated in Umberto Tozzi’s world tour as a vocalist and keyboard player, taking part night after night in concerts with audiences in the thousands at many top venues such as the Paris Olympia, Les Palais Des-Beaux-Arts in Brussels, all the main theatres in France, Italy, and several other countries. He has also been on many music and variety shows on the main Italian TV channels (RAI and Mediaset) to promote Umberto Tozzi’s “Best Of” album, which went Platinum.

24060.jpg