Pyramaze - KILLER CD!!! - A must have for Prog/Power fans

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
We'll here's my first band vote for PP VI - Pyramaze!!! Their new disc, "Melancholy Beast" will certainly be a serious contender for my CD of the year. If you haven't checked out the review at www.metalreviews.com, make sure to get all the details there.

It's an awesome blend of classic power and prog metal. No weak link in this band and not a weak song on the disc. The disc gets off to a killer start with "Sleepy Hollow" and amazingly, only gets better as it goes on. The last half of the disc is just pure dynamite. The incredibly epic sounding "Power of Imagination" and "Until We Fade Away" are two perfect examples of those types of songs that put you in a trance and just pull you deeper into the black abyss of the universe. I forget about everything else that is going on when I hear those tunes - totally hypnotic and dreamlike. They totally connected with me.

I've always been a big Lance King fan, but always wanted to hear him venture more into the power metal realm than the melodic metal genre. IMO, he's never sounded better and the silkly smooth medolies are just a freaking killer combination with the crunchy, galloping guitars.

I can't say enough about this band and disc, and I've only played the disc three times. I'm lucky if I can say that two or three times a year. "Melancholy Beast" gets my highest recommendation for all you PPUSA fans.

The clips at www.pyramaze.com are good, but in can no way describe how huge sounding the disc is. Excellent production.

:worship:

When I first heard this cd I could tell that they are destined for a Prog Power slot. The music is powerful yet melodic, stirring and emotive, technical and forceful all at once. I can see songs like Forsaken Kingdom tearing everyones face off at PP and Power of Imagination closing the set, that riff! The chorus! Godly! I've played this cd about five times as much since May 27 than I have Hellfire Club and Once combined.

Ben

Well after hearing this it is definitely something I want to hear. I am on my way to Impulse to sho[ and hope they have it. If not where is the best place to order it?

The_Q said:
Well after hearing this it is definitely something I want to hear. I am on my way to Impulse to sho[ and hope they have it. If not where is the best place to order it?

Head on over to www.cdinzane.com. If Impulse doesn't have it, you can get it quickly from CD INZANE since they are in Minneapolis and you in Chicago area. I'm in Madison, Wisconsin. I ordered the CD late Thursday afternoon and they had it in the mail the same day. It arrived this Saturday along with the new Nightwish. The Nightwish has been played "Once" and the Pyramaze on it's sixth spin in a little over 24 hours. Good Luck!

Have to agree. Just got done spinning this gem again. Excellent stuff. A great blend of AOR, Prog and Power. I'm a big Lance fan from his days with BoP. Highly recommended.

Zod

I actually had a chance to see these guys in April at the Minneapolis Mayhem Metal Fest. Too bad they played at the same time as Morbid Angel. They def. got jipped on fans for the night! I hope Glenn picks them up for PP next year... They are even more magical live!

(Hi Jonah! Tell Morten that Nathan and I will be buggin him at PP this year!)

-MetalRose