I HAVE HEARD THE NEW PYRAMAZE!

Am I completely off base here, but didn't Lance play the new Pyramaze over the PA while the crew was setting the Stratovarius stuff up?

Does anyone remember that? Lance and the Avaian guitarist was at the soundboard and they had an IPod or something hooked up to it.

Maybe I was in my own fantasy world by that time, who knows! :)

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Maybe this connection that we have is the Metal Gods trying to tell me that I need to come to Sonata Arctica and we can formally meet. Then again it could be just a coincindence, though I would like to come either way.

Dude, it would be great to hang out with you and rock out to a great show! I'd also be happy to introduce you to the band since I'm going to be lucky enough to hang with them all day. At any rate, keep me posted if you decide to visit the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" for one night of kick-ass metal! :D

MysticX9 said:
This should be a "metal law" - at least 4 listens before you pass judgement
on a disc; I don't know how you can even begin to hear all the intricacies and deep melodic themes in the music unless you do this!

Neal

Yeah, I agree with this statement. Sometimes the mood isn't right or your ears just aren't in tune with the music the first-time you hear it. And sometimes if a guy is sitting right next to you going, "Dude, you gotta hear this, it's so awesome!!!" it has a tendency to build it up too much and you think it's going to be Jesus on guitar, Moses on bass, God on drums and Lucifer on vocals and you get disappointed when it's not. I try to check out new albums in the car for minimal distractions ... unless somebody's going 45 mph in the left lane! :yell:

edgeofthorns said:
Am I completely off base here, but didn't Lance play the new Pyramaze over the PA while the crew was setting the Stratovarius stuff up?

Does anyone remember that? Lance and the Avaian guitarist was at the soundboard and they had an IPod or something hooked up to it.

Maybe I was in my own fantasy world by that time, who knows! :)

YES I PLAYED IT RIGHT BEFORE STRATO, But it looked like everyone was so burnt out by that time, only a few close to board noticed because they saw me in there with the sound guy dickin' around...it was low and had now introductions (sort of a last second thing) but it was there baby!

BY THE WAY,....just wanted to say the mixes weren't thin until the mastering happed, but I do admit to undermixing my own voice,
damn it....I was worried you'd all think I was full of myself so I made it guitar heavy ; )

Lance

The Fiddler said:
Killer artwork also on the Avian cover. Probably my favorite cover of 2005. Oooo, there's a new thread!

I enjoy the Avian although I like the first Pyramaze a bit better. The Avian disc is sound musically, it's just the mix or production that seems a little off to me. The guitars are a bit too "tinny" and the vocals a bit too muffled and buried in the mix. If I turn the treble down to soften the guitars, Lance's voice becomes even more muffled. If I turn up the treble to sharpen Lance's voice, the guitars are way too sharp and distorted. Other than that, the songwriting and performances on the Avian are great.

I appreciate all the feedback on this and I agree with everyone!
There are a couple of things to remember with this album,
and it's simply this, it started as a demo project for David and I,
we were helping Yan create his dream, when he decided he wanted to do a
real release with it, we should have started over from scratch and re-recorded everything, but instead we kept to a budget and we kept the demo drums, bass and rhythm guitar tracks and built on from there.
Vocals, yes I could have mixed them louder, I agree, I was trying to make it an Agressive, raw, edgy, oldschool metal album, as Yan had requested, and I think we got it. The tinny-ness actually comes from the Mastering process, Tommy probably could have left a little more bottom in it,
but Yan, David and I all agreed on this mix and mastering and we like it, so this is what we decided Avian sounds like ; )

Next album will be better as we all continue to learn things as we go,
but for my FIRST time entirely mixing an album and waring the producers hat as well,
I really think it came out pretty good....I am still very happy with it when I listen to it!

Pyramaze is a different animal and Jacob is a Mega master behind the boards I love his mixes, the BONE CARVER IS COMING!
Lance:D

You guys probably all know this already, but for what it's worth...

"Legend Of The Bone Carver, the follow-up to their impressive 2004 debut CD, Melancholy Beast, is now ready to be unleashed on the world.

You'll have to hear the album in it's entirety to know the whole story and find out what the Legend Of The Bone Carver is all about. If you are a fan of epic and melodic and speedy power metal with symphonic and progressive overtones, then seek out the Legend Of The Bone Carver CD.

The album will be released in the U.S. via Nightmare Records on February 21st, 2006; Japan via King Records on February 22nd; Korea and the rest of Asia via Melodic Heaven Records on February 22nd; Europe (except France) via Massacre Records on February 27th and in France via Replica Records on February 27th.

To download an mp3 of the song ‘Souls In Pain’ from Legend Of The Bone Carver, go to the bands official website at http://www.pyramaze.com or to the band's MySpace page at www.myspace.com/pyramaze ."

MEGALOUD said:
YES I PLAYED IT RIGHT BEFORE STRATO, But it looked like everyone was so burnt out by that time, only a few close to board noticed because they saw me in there with the sound guy dickin' around...it was low and had now introductions (sort of a last second thing) but it was there baby!

BY THE WAY,....just wanted to say the mixes weren't thin until the mastering happed, but I do admit to undermixing my own voice,
damn it....I was worried you'd all think I was full of myself so I made it guitar heavy ; )

Lance

Well, I heard it and sounded great! Hopefully, you guys will be playing down there soon! We'll keep our fingers crossed....:D

MEGALOUD said:
Pyramaze is a different animal and Jacob is a Mega master behind the boards I love his mixes, the BONE CARVER IS COMING!
Lance:D

Oh Lan-cee-poo ...

Couldn't you have picked a better handle for yourself? What about "Melancholy Beast" or "Bone Carver" or "ThroatThrottler" ... come on ... MEGALOUD? That sounds like a reject Megadeth cover band! :loco:

And you know I think you're a god so don't take this too seriously! :D :worship: :D

DAMN PROUD to have seen Pyramaze at their first-ever US performance,
Uncle Swordzy :headbang: