Vocalist LANCE KING Parts Ways with PYRAMAZE

Wow, didn't see this coming! That's really a shame
but best wishes to Lance and Pyramaze, so glad I
was able to see them at PP VII -

kirk_spock.jpg

The minute I hit "Submit Thread" I knew that someone was going to make that connection...

I ams orry to read this news this morning. I wish both the Band and Lance the best

Wasn't expecting to hear this news. As someone said a few posts ago at least we have Avian to look forward to.

Lance has an amazing voice.

:headbang: To that...Although I'm not sure of the dialect you're using here. The spelling may be off. J-man can we get a ruling here? :p

Okay, just so everyone knows, the spelling is Utinni, but the meaning maybe different given the context in which the the word is used.

Fear - it means OH CRAP!
Continment - EAT THAT WHICH YOU LIKE
Mad - EAT CRAP
Happy - MOST GRACIOUS OF WORLDS
Sad - GO AWAY I AM NOT OF THIS TIME
Disgusted - GO AWAY AND PLAY WITH A BANTA

Okay, just so everyone knows, the spelling is Utinni, but the meaning maybe different given the context in which the the word is used.

Fear - it means OH CRAP!
Continment - EAT THAT WHICH YOU LIKE
Mad - EAT CRAP
Happy - MOST GRACIOUS OF WORLDS
Sad - GO AWAY I AM NOT OF THIS TIME
Disgusted - GO AWAY AND PLAY WITH A BANTA

I still don't get it. :cry:

what's that ole' cliche? ... long distant relationships never work. at least there are two STELLAR albums to always look back on.

but this completely blows. insert vomiting smiley face, that pretty much sums it up.

As long as you keep saying it, I think you're warding it off. ;)

That's too bad, but I have to say I'm not *terribly* disappointed, as I liked MC far more than LotBC. I'll look forward to what comes next from both camps.

Shaye
Same here ... I also didn't much care for Bone Carver, after really liking the debut. They had dropped off my list of "A" bands. Honestly I think each party can find a better fit for one another. I wish them all the best !!

Britt

Was Black Sabbath over when Ozzy left? Hardly.

Was Iron Maiden over when Paul DiAnno left? Hardly.

Was Symphony X over when Rod Taylor left? Exactly.

Was Dream Theater over when Charlie Domenici left? Some might say yes...but most wouldn't. :)

Was Fates Warning over when John Arch left? I'm biased, but of course not. :)

Plenty of examples of bands not only surviving, but thriving after a lineup change, even when the person departing was talented.

I'd prefer to think as positively as possible and wish both Lance and the remaining Pyramaze guys nothing but the best in their future efforts -- I'm sure they all have a lot of great music to make.

Just because there are exceptions to every rule, doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply. The simple fact is that the majority of fans identify a singer with a band more than any other member. More than any instrument, it's the vocals that give a band it's identity. I loved Tad Morose, but when I think of their music, I think of Urban Breed. Unless they miraculously find a singer VERY similar to Urban, they won't be Tad morose to me, they'll be just another band. The same principle applies to Pyramaze, unless the find someone VERY similar to Lance (good luck!), to me they'll be just another band. Just my opinion, but a lot of people I've talked to tend to agree. As another example, look at Balance of Power. They still haven't recovered from losing Lance. You can't simply replace someone that talented.