Vocalist LANCE KING Parts Ways with PYRAMAZE

No offense, but there are some of us who are very close to this band, and all the members and have been with them from the beginning, and this is hard for us. When something like this happens among friends you feel torn inside, your heart drops, and the words don't come out as they should. It is as if someone has died, because you know you will never ever see your friends together again making the music that you so love. So to Lance, Micheal, Morten, Toke, Neils, and Jonah i say you will all land on your feet, and i know this because i know your passion, and that was wwhat made you PYRAMAZE. I feel the same way Nathan does, it is more than a CD on my rack, these are my friends, my good friends, and it hurts deep to know this has happened.

The best of Luck to each and every one of you in the future.

John

No offense taken. I understand that it must be dissapointing that Lance left Pyramaze but you all shouldn't be mourning this. I mean, would the guys in Pyramaze want you to feel that Lance was the driving force behind their band and without him they are nothing? Because that's kind of the vibe I'm getting from you guys. Oh well, It's definitely sad, but I know both parties will come through with some great music... and who knows? Reunion?! :headbang:

No offense taken. I understand that it must be dissapointing that Lance left Pyramaze but you all shouldn't be mourning this. I mean, would the guys in Pyramaze want you to feel that Lance was the driving force behind their band and without him they are nothing? Because that's kind of the vibe I'm getting from you guys. Oh well, It's definitely sad, but I know both parties will come through with some great music... and who knows? Reunion?! :headbang:

It's not so much that Lance was the driving force but that the band was just perfect the way it was in a lot of people's eyes. It's hard to imagine them with another singer after two awesome albums. Just like I'm still worried about how Nightwish will turn out when they finally decide on a singer. I know Tuomas is the man behind the music but I still really loved Tarja as frontwoman.

It's not so much that Lance was the driving force but that the band was just perfect the way it was in a lot of people's eyes. It's hard to imagine them with another singer after two awesome albums. Just like I'm still worried about how Nightwish will turn out when they finally decide on a singer. I know Tuomas is the man behind the music but I still really loved Tarja as frontwoman.

Well I know when Jorn left Masterplan and Urban Breed left Tad Morose and then Bloodbound I was dissapointed but I'm at the same time extremely exited for all of their upcomming records. The same for Pyramaze.

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, and you've been really nice and polite with your comments, so this will be my last comment on this subject.

A band is never really quite the same without the original line-up, especially when the line-up is so fkn-rock-solid and tight as Pyramaze with Lance.

Michael is an amazing guitarist! AMAZING! He is also an amazing song-writer.

Jonah is probably the best keyboard player in the industry right now. PERIOD. I really mean that and will stand by that statement if we choose to discuss it in another thread.

Likewise Morten, Toke and Neils are all outstanding musicians in their own right and without them, the band wouldn't be the band.

But think about this ... was Van Halen ever really the same without David Lee Roth?

QUEEN was one of the best bands on the planet! Brian May is among the top 3 guitarists of ALL TIME. I personally would put him at #1 (let's discuss this in another thread). John Deacon was a helluva bass player and wrote, "Another One Bites the Dust." Roger Taylor was an amazing drummer with a great voice. Would QUEEN have been the same without Freddie Mercury?

Van Halen released great albums without Roth. Brian May released some solid solo work and toured with Paul Rodgers recently.

But was any of it the same as with their original line-up? No.

That's my point.

Of course Pyramaze will go on and their third album will be DAMN GOOD, I'm sure of it.

Lance is already in production of the second Avian album and WAIT TILL YOU GUYS HEAR IT, IT'S GONNA BLOW YOU AWAY! Yan has been nice enough to let me hear a few tracks off of it and ... wow ... just wow, y'all! :headbang:

But for me, it's just not going to be the same ...

Thanks everyone for sharing differences of opinions without turning this thread into a blame-game or flame-war.

Nathan

This sucks as I have been a fan of them since the beginning, but I am sure that a suitable replacement will be found and I am sure Lance's new stuff will be interesting. That Starfish thing sounds promising.

JOHN!

Thanks for the reply, I knew you and I would be in the same boat here.

Thanks for introducing yourself to me at ProgPower, I will look forward to hanging out with you next year!

Your friend,
Nathan

Nathan my friend I am just sorry we didn't get to hang out more this year. But next year will be killer, and I will definetly find you right away, and we will raise some toasts to all our friends.

Your friend
John

Holy crap. What is it with my favorite singers leaving my favorite bands? I keep waiting to come here and find out that Russell left SX.

As long as you keep saying it, I think you're warding it off. ;)

That's too bad, but I have to say I'm not *terribly* disappointed, as I liked MC far more than LotBC. I'll look forward to what comes next from both camps.

Shaye

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse
Damn. This news really sucks.

First Vision Divine axe their drummer, next Wade leaves Leatherwolf and now Lance parts ways with Pyramaze. If I come here tomorrow and Tom has disbanded Evergrey I think I might just go postal.

With that being said, I'm sure we'll get great music from both Lance and the band separately, but I sure LOVE the two CDs they created together and am saddened that there will not be a third to look forward to.

i usually dont have too much to say but i can offer a viewpoint on this...as much as we all would like the original lineups of bands to stay together...sometimes it just isnt possible...anything from personality conflicts to peoples' priorities in their personal lives changing over time...enjoy the music the lineup you liked gave you, and try to enjoy the music that you'll get from the artists after they have moved on...the politics that go on within bands is really nothing anybody really wants to know about cause its very rarely pretty...imagine being married to more than one person...so sometimes member changes are inevitable...i can't tell you what is going on recently...but even on a local scale we just got a new drummer 2 months ago and halcyon way is getting a new one...did we choose to?...nope...are we happier now?...absolutely...sometimes what appears to work on the outside is not working on the inside...wish there was more i could tell you...i will make no speculations as to why all these member changes are happening to everyone recently...just hang on and hope for the best...sometimes new blood kicks ass too ya know?...peace...d.m.

First of all, not trying to take anything away from your concern for the band and your sadness that there has been a change in lineup.

I did want to take issue with one thing, though:

A band is never really quite the same without the original line-up...

... was Van Halen ever really the same without David Lee Roth?

...Would QUEEN have been the same without Freddie Mercury?

Was Black Sabbath over when Ozzy left? Hardly.

Was Iron Maiden over when Paul DiAnno left? Hardly.

Was Symphony X over when Rod Taylor left? Exactly.

Was Dream Theater over when Charlie Domenici left? Some might say yes...but most wouldn't. :)

Was Fates Warning over when John Arch left? I'm biased, but of course not. :)

Plenty of examples of bands not only surviving, but thriving after a lineup change, even when the person departing was talented.

I'd prefer to think as positively as possible and wish both Lance and the remaining Pyramaze guys nothing but the best in their future efforts -- I'm sure they all have a lot of great music to make.

Now I'll shut up. :)

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse
Wonder if that means the DVD they shot will not see the light of day... I sure hope they still release it, that was a great show.

and to the guy that would do cartwheels if romeo left syx... :puke:

That is some disheartening news that Lance is no longer a part of Pyramaze. But he has never floundered, he'll always have some sweet projects and albums that will come out. As for Pyramaze they're probably more fired up than ever to come out with both barrels for the next studio release and considering the quality level of the musicians in that band I have no doubts theyll still be able to rock our cocks. Best wishes to everyone involved.

Was Black Sabbath over when Ozzy left? Hardly.

Was Iron Maiden over when Paul DiAnno left? Hardly.

Was Symphony X over when Rod Taylor left? Exactly.

Was Dream Theater over when Charlie Domenici left? Some might say yes...but most wouldn't. :)

Was Fates Warning over when John Arch left? I'm biased, but of course not. :)

Plenty of examples of bands not only surviving, but thriving after a lineup change, even when the person departing was talented.

I'd prefer to think as positively as possible and wish both Lance and the remaining Pyramaze guys nothing but the best in their future efforts -- I'm sure they all have a lot of great music to make.

Now I'll shut up. :)

BUT THE REAL QUESTION YOU HAVE TO ASK IS ...

Was Europe over when they released "The Final Countdown" ? :p

Utterly shocked. Never saw this coming. Totally depressing news. :cry: I guess all that can be said is best of luck to them all and I hope they each continue making stellar music.

Holy crap. What is it with my favorite singers leaving my favorite bands? I keep waiting to come here and find out that Russell left SX.

Zod
Geez, don't even say that in jest. I've got no idea where Ray is coming from with the Romeo comment and actually I'd rather not. Romeo leaving SymX would be like Tolkki leaving Strato or something. (not comparing guitarists, but their contributions)