Vocalist LANCE KING Parts Ways with PYRAMAZE

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Please note the following press release that I received today from a man I am proud to call my friend, Lance King. My comments will follow. I am sad at heart, I cannot tell you all how much ...

PRESS RELEASE - 11/09/06

Due to irreconcilable differences, Lance King will no longer be singing with PYRAMAZE.

Quote from Lance....
"I would like to thank the PYRAMAZE guys for many wonderful memories, I'm very proud of the
music we created together! I wish each and every member of the band success in their careers and personal lives, as well as their search for a new vocalist. I look forward to hearing their new music."

Lance has several projects that he is working on at present to be on the lookout for:

-A New album from "AVIAN" that Lance will be singing on and producing.

-Lance will be guesting a vocal apperance, splitting vocals with a female opera singer on a new debut release from a new rising prog star named "SALINOCH". Being developed by SHK Records
( Switzerland )

-Lance has agreed to lend his voice and writing talents to a new Progressive-Shred project called
"SECRET SOCIETY OF STARFISH" comprised of two members of DIMENSION X (Bass and Drums) and shredder TROY STETINA on guitar and a mystery 5th arm of the fish, a well know rock star
axe player.

- Look out for other recent releases that Lance has sung on.....
"SHINING STAR - Enter Eternity" & "AVIAN - From the Depths of Time"

- Lance will continue to work daily on building his record company Nightmare Records,
bringing the world great progressive / Power metal music from other great bands.

Due to "irreconcilable differences," Lance King will no longer be singing with PYRAMAZE.

Commented Lance: "I would like to thank the PYRAMAZE guys for many wonderful memories. I'm very proud of the music we created together! I wish each and every member of the band success in their careers and personal lives, as well as their search for a new vocalist. I look forward to hearing their new music."

Lance has several projects that he is working on at present to be on the lookout for:

* A New album from AVIAN that Lance will be singing on and producing.

* Lance will be making a vocal appearance (splitting vocals with a female opera singer) on the debut release from a rising prog act SALINOCH being developed by SHK Records (Switzerland).

* Lance has agreed to lend his voice and writing talents to a new progressive-shred project called SECRET SOCIETY OF STARFISH comprised of two members of DIMENSION X (bass and drums) and shredder Troy Stetina on guitar and a mystery fifth arm of the fish, a well-known rock star axe player.

* Lance will continue to work daily on building his record company Nightmare Records, bringing the world great progressive/power metal music from other great bands.

Look out for other recent releases that Lance sang on: SHINING STAR's "Enter Eternity" and AVIAN's "From the Depths of Time".

:OMG:

damn.....Pyramaze was my favorite band with Lance....I hope they find somebody with a great voice, cause Lance's voice is what made that band so great. I don't think it will be possible to replace him...

Oh man, what a shame. Thank goodness I got to see his stellar performance with the band at ProgPower. I wish everyone the best!

So um.

In this past year. Several bands signed for PP or Pre-Party had lineup changes after being signed, and prior to their show. And now at least 2 bands have had the lead singers quit the band after PP.

I hope this is for the best Lance. I know it must be tough to leave a band like that. But hopefully your new projects work out, and perhaps are local enough so that you can do lots of shows.

As I sit at this keyboard, I hardly even know what to say.

Situations like this are very hard to comment on, certainly from an outsider's perspective, but especially now since I am friends with members of the band.

The great Freddie Mercury of Queen fame wrote a lyric in his song "Scandal" which goes like this:

Today the headlines, tomorrow hard times
And no one ever really knows the truth from the lies.
And in the end the story deeper must hide.
Deeper and deeper and deeper inside!

I am sure that all of the reasons for this parting between Lance King and Pyramaze will never be fully known except to the members of the band. And each band member will have a different version of the story to tell. Truth sometimes depends greatly upon one's own point of view.

I think it would be pointless and a great mistake to debate the whys and wherefores of the parting. What's done is done. Since I am honored to be friends with Lance, Jonah and Michael, I will not be choosing sides in this matter. It would accomplish nothing.

All I can find in my heart to say today is that I am truly, truly sad. I am sad that such an amazingly cohesive unit and strong band has had to part ways with their founding and anchoring voice.

I first saw Pyramaze perform at Minneapolis Mayhem in April of 2004. It was their first ever public performance. The festival got backed up throughout the course of the day and Pyramaze ended up performing last, even after the headliner, Morbid Angel, had finished their set. Only 20-30 people stayed for Pyramaze's live debut. Guess who was right up front.

I couldn't believe I was looking at a band that had never performed live together. Indeed, the band had just met Lance in person not 72 hours prior to their own performance! The entire album Melancholy Beast was recorded via the internet with the band never meeting together in a studio. The sheer strength of their debut without having ever met instantly told me that this band was truly going to be something special.

And what a show it was! The energy that Pyramaze gave to the people in that small room was nothing short of astounding. Jonah played the keyboard with blizzard-intensity. Michael's guitar-work was mesmerizing - completely at ease and comfortable with his instrument as if he had been born with a guitar in his hands. And Lance, ever the confident, seasoned showman, belted out each and every note with piercing intensity and burning fury. I will never, ever forget that show. Ever.

I am sick at heart today. I think it hurts me more because these people are more than just another CD on my rack, they are my friends. And like any good friend should, I hate it when my friends have conflicts that they cannot resolve and I am likewise powerless to do anything about it.

Today I have resolved to hold dear all of the memories of the Lance King-era of Pyramaze very deep in my heart and mind. I will continue to support Pyramaze no matter who they choose as their new vocalist. I will continue to support Lance in whatever additional projects he chooses to embark upon.

To Michael, Jonah, Niels, Toke, Morten and Lance -- I was with you at the beginning and I will be in your corners forever. I have been and always will be your friend. May you all find success in your future endeavors.

Truly,
Nathan Block

Please note the following press release that I received today from a man I am proud to call my friend, Lance King. My comments will follow. I am sad at heart, I cannot tell you all how much ...

PRESS RELEASE - 11/09/06

Due to irreconcilable differences, Lance King will no longer be singing with PYRAMAZE.

Quote from Lance....
"I would like to thank the PYRAMAZE guys for many wonderful memories, I'm very proud of the
music we created together! I wish each and every member of the band success in their careers and personal lives, as well as their search for a new vocalist. I look forward to hearing their new music."

-A New album from "AVIAN" that Lance will be singing on and producing.

-Lance will be guesting a vocal apperance, splitting vocals with a female opera singer on a new debut release from a new rising prog star named "SALINOCH". Being developed by SHK Records
( Switzerland )

-Lance has agreed to lend his voice and writing talents to a new Progressive-Shred project called
"SECRET SOCIETY OF STARFISH" comprised of two members of DIMENSION X (Bass and Drums) and shredder TROY STETINA on guitar and a mystery 5th arm of the fish, a well know rock star
axe player.

- Look out for other recent releases that Lance has sung on.....
"SHINING STAR - Enter Eternity" & "AVIAN - From the Depths of Time"

- Lance will continue to work daily on building his record company Nightmare Records,
bringing the world great progressive / Power metal music from other great bands.

No offense dude, and I understand where you're comming from, but you're acting like someone from the band passed away.

Don't be so sad. Lance King is becomming a huge name in the metal world and we'll see more from him, AND Pyramaze.

No offense dude, and I understand where you're comming from, but you're acting like someone from the band passed away.

Don't be so sad. Lance King is becomming a huge name in the metal world and we'll see more from him, AND Pyramaze.

I know exactly where he's coming from. When I was 14 years old, I found out about a little band from New York called Coheed and Cambria (please, let's not get into a discussion over their music in this thread. I know some of you don't like them, but that's not the point I'm trying to get across). I absolutetly fell in love with every aspect of their music. When I found out about them, they were playing shows in venues the size of my bedroom. A few years later, they finally made it big. They were selling out good-sized clubs and theatres and were on radio, MTV, everything you can possibly think of. During this time, their music started to go downhill, but I still supported the band in everything they did because I felt like it was my duty. Last week, it was officially announced that they had kicked out their drummer and bassist. Although I am nowhere near as big a fan of them now as I was 4 years ago, I still felt a sadness in my heart, as cheesy as that sounds. I was bummed out about it for days. It's not like, as you said, the band members passed away or anything, but it's really weird and saddening knowing that the band you supported for so long is never going to be the same again. I can only imagine that the feeling is more intense for Nathan since he is personal friends with the band.

Haha, I wasn't trying to write that much when I first started out, but I guess I couldn't stop. Oh well, I hope I got my point across.

No offense, but there are some of us who are very close to this band, and all the members and have been with them from the beginning, and this is hard for us. When something like this happens among friends you feel torn inside, your heart drops, and the words don't come out as they should. It is as if someone has died, because you know you will never ever see your friends together again making the music that you so love. So to Lance, Micheal, Morten, Toke, Neils, and Jonah i say you will all land on your feet, and i know this because i know your passion, and that was wwhat made you PYRAMAZE. I feel the same way Nathan does, it is more than a CD on my rack, these are my friends, my good friends, and it hurts deep to know this has happened.

The best of Luck to each and every one of you in the future.

John

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse

Yeah, I see your point, like I said, it just really hurts because these guys are my friends. I am a huge fan of the first two albums. And even though I know it's one of the 7 deadly sins, I really ENVY Lance King's voice -- I would give or do anything to have a voice like that.

So yeah, nobody died, but a very special era in music has come to an end and that has affected me pretty deeply...

If Lance writes his songs, I feel bad for Pyramaze. If Pyramaze writes the songs, I feel bad for Lance.

We still have Avian.

All is not lost.

No offense, but there are some of us who are very close to this band, and all the members and have been with them from the beginning, and this is hard for us. When something like this happens among friends you feel torn inside, your heart drops, and the words don't come out as they should. It is as if someone has died, because you know you will never ever see your friends together again making the music that you so love. So to Lance, Micheal, Morten, Toke, Neils, and Jonah i say you will all land on your feet, and i know this because i know your passion, and that was wwhat made you PYRAMAZE. I feel the same way Nathan does, it is more than a CD on my rack, these are my friends, my good friends, and it hurts deep to know this has happened.

The best of Luck to each and every one of you in the future.

John

JOHN!

Thanks for the reply, I knew you and I would be in the same boat here.

Thanks for introducing yourself to me at ProgPower, I will look forward to hanging out with you next year!

Your friend,
Nathan