Vocalist LANCE KING Quits PYRAMAZE!

Iced Ray

May 18, 2004
- Nov. 9, 2006

Due to "irreconcilable differences," Lance King will no longer be singing with PYRAMAZE.

Commented Lance: "I would like to thank the PYRAMAZE guys for many wonderful memories. I'm very proud of the music we created together! I wish each and every member of the band success in their careers and personal lives, as well as their search for a new vocalist. I look forward to hearing their new music."

Lance has several projects that he is working on at present to be on the lookout for:

* A New album from AVIAN that Lance will be singing on and producing.

* Lance will be making a vocal appearance (splitting vocals with a female opera singer) on the debut release from a rising prog act SALINOCH being developed by SHK Records (Switzerland).

* Lance has agreed to lend his voice and writing talents to a new progressive-shred project called SECRET SOCIETY OF STARFISH comprised of two members of DIMENSION X (bass and drums) and shredder Troy Stetina on guitar and a mystery fifth arm of the fish, a well-known rock star axe player.

* Lance will continue to work daily on building his record company Nightmare Records, bringing the world great progressive/power metal music from other great bands.

Look out for other recent releases that Lance sang on: SHINING STAR's "Enter Eternity" and AVIAN's "From the Depths of Time".

:OMG:

This is truly sad. I hope this is just a rumor for now. Melancholy Beast is one the best metal albums ever recorded. One of my personal faves. It's still in my DVD-ROM drive.

This is a sad sad day in the history of metal. Legend of the Bone Carver is my favorite album of all time, and I've gotten to know Lance fairly well over the last 6 months or so and saw absolutely no signs of this coming. I suspect that the lack of touring may have had something to do with it, but man I'm so bummed out. Why did something this special have to end so abruptly? Its a sad sad day.....:cry: :cry:

I posted in the Prog Power forum but I think a more in depth post is needed for this forum. It is some pretty sigh inducing news that this has happened. Both albums this band has done so far have been great and Lance definitely was a huge part in that. I personally like it when bands keep their singers but sometimes things just don't work out and you have to make some adjustments. Lance is a professional musician, it's not like we won't ever see him again. I remember when I bemoaned the fact that he wasnt in Balance Of Power back in 2001... then along came Pyramaze. He'll still be rocking our stereos with sweet projects and releases. And I'm sure that the Pyramaze guys don't necessarily see this as a career ending setback by any means. Michael I'm betting isnt gonna start writing Eurovision pop songs and Jonah aint gonna start throwing in hip hop beats into the mix. The sound of Pyramaze and the essence of Pyramaze is still there so don't worry. Hell, this even opens up more musical avenues to explore. Imagine an aggressive raspier, and melodic singer taking the mic. The possibilities for the future are endless. This band is far from over.

Wow, I didn't see this coming at all...but like Daybreaker said, these things happen all the time, and I'm sure both Lance and Pryamaze will continue to have great success. I wonder if we'll get any insight as to what the "irreconcilable differences" are...hmm.

Wow! I feel numb & not in a good way. The perfect voice for the perfect band PYRAMAZE who have made my alltime 2 fav. cd.'s.,this is a sad day for metal! LANCE has done many great projects but none compare to the PYRAMAZE releases. I will continue to follow both parties & thier future releases.I luv ya LANCE but the musicianship of PYRAMAZE is what does it for me, so i hope the band will continue on for this fan will always be there to support. I did not make the Prog. Fest. show ( now i really regret it ) & was looking forward to the live DVD. WILL THIS STILL BE RELEASED?? Cheers to all & best of luck-Muz!

I found out what the differences are, directly from Lance, and when the timing is right, I think the general public will be made aware.

That really is too bad. It seemed like Pyramaze had potential after playing ProgPower. I can only speculate that Michael wanted a more dedicated singer, and Lance being involved in as many projects as he is, and running the label, it just didn't look like a a situation that worked for both sides.
I even e-mailed Sirius requesting to play Pyramaze on "Hard Attack" ch. 27.
I wish the best for both Lance King and Pyramaze.

That is sad... I found Lance to be the perfect voice for the band. I just can't picture anybody else singing in Pyramaze.

Thank you Lance for everything you've done, wish you good luck in the future!

And Pyramaze, I hope you will find someone who can in his own way give new levels to the Pyramaze sound!

Sad news indeed...

I wonder if this incident means that will have the end of the realtionship between the band and Nightmare Records, too.

My first response upon seeing this post: AH, SHIT!!

However, I second Daybreaker's take on this. Also, all of us have points in our lives where we gotta do what we feel is right to do at the moment. I'm sure that there's good reasons for what happened and, though I'm saddened that Lance's voice won't be on another Pyramaze record (of course, as they say, never say never!), it's not the end for either side. Pyramaze is blessed with so much talent residing within Michael, Morten, Jonah, Niels and Toke. It'd be hard for them to NOT make another kick-ass album. As for Lance, any band or project that needs a vocalist would be very wise to consider him. I wish Lance well on his future endeavors, as I'll be first in line for anything he does in music. I also look forward to see what Pyramaze, with two awesome albums so far, has in store for us in the near future!

Keeping my ears open... Cheers!

My first response upon seeing this post: AH, SHIT!!

However, I second Daybreaker's take on this. Also, all of us have points in our lives where we gotta do what we feel is right to do at the moment. I'm sure that there's good reasons for what happened and, though I'm saddened that Lance's voice won't be on another Pyramaze record (of course, as they say, never say never!), it's not the end for either side. Pyramaze is blessed with so much talent residing within Michael, Morten, Jonah, Niels and Toke. It'd be hard for them to NOT make another kick-ass album. As for Lance, any band or project that needs a vocalist would be very wise to consider him. I wish Lance well on his future endeavors, as I'll be first in line for anything he does in music. I also look forward to see what Pyramaze, with two awesome albums so far, has in store for us in the near future!

Keeping my ears open... Cheers!

Here, here! I'm glad you guys see the talents of all involved,
this band is a fantastic band of excellent musicians at the top of their game
I think whatever they do will be good, not really a question.

Regarding their deal with Nightmare as questioned above, it's a professional split, we are in agreement that this won't change with what is out there on the streets now, but the band was doing deals album by album with all our lables so I'm sure the band will look at other options for their next album, and take the one with the most appealing offer. Just good business.

Nice to hear that Lance. It looked like this split was turning ugly-now we take a breath & realize this was for good reasons, we are blessed to have 2- great cd.s' & live shows for us to remember, & most of all it seems that nothing is ending.Events like this sometimes means the end of great bands?Now it seems like a new start for us to hear your talent as a singer etc.,& for us to keep hearing the amazing talent in the band PYRAMAZE who thankfully will keep on rockin!! Cheers- Muz!