Pyramaze part ways with vocalist Lance King

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Press release - 10/11-2006

Due to personal and professional reasons occurred over the past couple of months we have decided to part ways with vocalist Lance King.

We would like to thanks Lance for the time he was a part of the band, and his great performance on our 2 albums as well as on our gigs. We wish him the best of luck for the future.

This split might come as a shock to our fans, but be assured that Pyramaze is very much alive and well. In fact the songwriting for our third album has already begun, and as always Michael Kammeyer is responsible for the songwriting. As you may remember, the music was all recorded for the first disc, before Lance was brought in to deliver his vocals, so nothing will really change in the band except who is going to be behind the microphone. Pyramaze will stay Pyramaze, and the third album will slay you all!

Pyramaze is currently communicating with a vocalist who is very interested in being a part of the Pyramaze
line up, and should this work out you are all in for a HUGE surprise!

We all view this as a possibility for an even better future for the band, rather than a step down. We realize that Lance will be a hard man to replace, but we’re very confident in our music and our team-spirit.

Let’s finally state that we’re not happy with the way this parting-of-ways was communicated out. When we informed Lance that we had to let him go he asked for us to not send out any statement until he had a chance to comment on it. So we were waiting for his reply when he himself made a public statement. This is not the way to do it, and it really saddens us to have to go out at this stage with our own press release.

Nevertheless, we are ready to face the future and we’re very much looking forward to what’s in store for Pyramaze.

On behalf of the band,
Michael Kammeyer / PYRAMAZE and Claus Jensen / Intromental Management

Let’s finally state that we’re not happy with the way this parting-of-ways was communicated out. When we informed Lance that we had to let him go he asked for us to not send out any statement until he had a chance to comment on it. So we were waiting for his reply when he himself made a public statement. This is not the way to do it, and it really saddens us to have to go out at this stage with our own press release.

Well, Claus, the press release that Lance sent out actually had his comment in it, directly quoted, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.
Lance King in Press Release said:
"I would like to thank the PYRAMAZE guys for many wonderful memories, I'm
very proud of the music we created together! I wish each and every member
of the band success in their careers and personal lives, as well as their
search for a new vocalist. I look forward to hearing their new music."

Lance obviously wanted to inform people in a way that saved face for both he and the band. Lets not turn this into a finger-pointing debate. From what I've been told since he released his press release there were some pretty unprofessional things said and done, so I don't blame either of you for trying to initiate some damage control, but once again, lets not turn this into a "he said, she said" debate. Lance is gone, never to return, song writing is continuing on a third album and there is the potential of the band getting a big named vocalist. Lets just leave it at that, shall we?

Well, Claus, the press release that Lance sent out actually had his comment in it, directly quoted, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

Lance obviously wanted to inform people in a way that saved face for both he and the band. Lets not turn this into a finger-pointing debate. From what I've been told since he released his press release there were some pretty unprofessional things said and done, so I don't blame either of you for trying to initiate some damage control, but once again, lets not turn this into a "he said, she said" debate. Lance is gone, never to return, song writing is continuing on a third album and there is the potential of the band getting a big named vocalist. Lets just leave it at that, shall we?

That's not the issue here - the band had not made any statements simply because they were asked by Lance not to do so until he had time to talk it over with them and make a common statement. Instead he chose to go out with his own statement. Thus, we're totally entitled to write our own statement and also say that we do not appreciate the way these news were originally publicized.

Dont' jump to conclusions. Thanks,
claus

You're BOTH entitled to write you own statements, and I have absolutely nothing against that. I've just seen this type of thing get really heated and bitter really fast before and I personally don't want to see it happen to these guys, especially since I know guys on both sides of the story.

I think what Claus is saying is that they had an agreement, which was initiated by Lance, that a mutual press release would be given ,instead of seperate releases, to show the split as amicable. It seems as though Lance broke that agreement...possibly to put the spin going in his direction & it looks as though it has worked.

I think what Claus is saying is that they had an agreement, which was initiated by Lance, that a mutual press release would be given ,instead of seperate releases, to show the split as amicable. It seems as though Lance broke that agreement...possibly to put the spin going in his direction & it looks as though it has worked.

Correct. Thanks,
c.

I don't see what part of Lance's statement puts a spin in his favor. It's not biased nor slanderous. If anything, the statement released by the Pyramaze guys is the one that looks bad for publicly shaming Lance. That could have been left out. It wasn't necessary.

I don't see what part of Lance's statement puts a spin in his favor. It's not biased nor slanderous. If anything, the statement released by the Pyramaze guys is the one that looks bad for publicly shaming Lance. That could have been left out. It wasn't necessary.

anyways, moving on....

Well, I could see this coming just from comments made and actions at ProgPower so it was no big surprise when I saw the announcement about the split. It's sad and unfortunate, yes, but as always the band will play on....