Vocalist LANCE KING Parts Ways with PYRAMAZE

Well this absolutely blows.

I've loved this band since I stumbled across the mp3 of Sleepy Hollow.

Nothing to add except that this sucks.

Just because there are exceptions to every rule, doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply. The simple fact is that the majority of fans identify a singer with a band more than any other member. More than any instrument, it's the vocals that give a band it's identity. I loved Tad Morose, but when I think of their music, I think of Urban Breed. Unless they miraculously find a singer VERY similar to Urban, they won't be Tad morose to me, they'll be just another band. The same principle applies to Pyramaze, unless the find someone VERY similar to Lance (good luck!), to me they'll be just another band. Just my opinion, but a lot of people I've talked to tend to agree. As another example, look at Balance of Power. They still haven't recovered from losing Lance. You can't simply replace someone that talented.

I agree with everything that you said here. I very closely associated Tad Morose with Urban Breed simply because that was the first voice I heard when I first listened to TM and then seeing him at ProgPower 5 just slammed that home. Their new singer would have to be VERY good for me to ever buy another TM album again.

Balance of Power ... yup ... nuff said.

what were those "irreconcilable differences" ?

Okay, in a situation like this, between two parties, you always have 3 sides to the story ...

Party A's side
Party B's side
The Truth

I don't think it's important what drove them apart. It obviously couldn't be fixed, hence, irreconcilabe.

Likewise, I don't think it's necessary for us to hear a bunch of stories from Lance and the bandmates and judge for ourselves. What would that accomplish? Nothing. We'd just get a bunch of stupid flame-wars going and the internet doesn't need any more of that.

Leave it with the band. It's their drama and I'm sure they've dealt with it all they can. Maybe they'll get back together after they've all had time to heal. Or maybe they won't.

In the meantime, crank up SLEEPY HOLLOW and celebrate two terrific albums and one amazing PP performance!

Nathan

Unless they miraculously find a singer VERY similar to Urban, they won't be Tad morose to me, they'll be just another band.

Hhmm...to me, Tad Morose was a good band before Urban. Sender of Thoughts is my favorite from them which had a very good vocalist on it. They were making waves before Urban joined them. l'm sure TM will get an adequate replacement as will Pyramaze. As others have said, Bone Carver just didn't strike me as the debut did. So, maybe a change was necessary.

This is a big mistake for Pyramaze!!!!! Lance made this band for me and many others. BUT, I wish them luck, they are a great band. Good luck finding a replacement, it will not be easy.

Let the division among fans and rampant speculation begin...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61970

PYRAMAZE Is 'Very Confident' In Band's Future Following Singer Departure - Nov. 10, 2006

Danish metallers PYRAMAZE have vowed to carry on following the departure of vocalist Lance King (ex-BALANCE OF POWER). The band parted ways with King this week due to "personal and professional reasons," according to a posting on the group's web site.

"This split might come as a shock to our fans, but be assured that PYRAMAZE is very much alive and well," the band says. "In fact the songwriting for our third album has already begun, and as always Michael Kammeyer [guitar] is responsible for the songwriting. As you may remember, the music was all recorded for the first disc, before Lance was brought in to deliver his vocals, so nothing will really change in the band except who is going to be behind the microphone. PYRAMAZE will stay PYRAMAZE, and the third album will slay you all!

"PYRAMAZE is currently communicating with a vocalist who is very interested in being a part of the PYRAMAZE lineup, and should this work out you are all in for a HUGE surprise! We all view this as a possibility for an even better future for the band, rather than a step down. We realize that Lance will be a hard man to replace, but we're very confident in our music and our team spirit.

"Let's finally state that we're not happy with the way this parting-of-ways was communicated out. When we informed Lance that we had to let him go he asked for us to not send out any statement until he had a chance to comment on it. So we were waiting for his reply when he himself made a public statement. This is not the way to do it, and it really saddens us to have to go out at this stage with our own press release. Nevertheless, we are ready to face the future and we're very much looking forward to what's in store for PYRAMAZE."

Why does it matter to any of us anyway. Fact of the matter is Lance is no longer in the band and both parties will continue on....

Great, but do they really have to keep shaming Lance in public forums? They need to get over it. It was their decision, and it doesn't matter who "said it first" :Smug:

ShOkrOk; you need to stop now! You are trying to light a fire when there's not even a spark of light. Nobody is shaming nobody here. Lance put out his own statement before the official statement of the band, and to explain why two statements were put out, people needed to know the circumstances. The band is not responsible for their statement being put out on various forums, and therefore no member of the band can be accused of trying to shame Lance. In fact remarks like the one you've made here are the ones who fire up a debate in the first place. The band has not made one single post about the parting of ways with Lance, EXCEPT for the official announcement that was released last week, so please stop accusing the band for stuff they haven't done, and could we please move on here......

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me much, because this sort of thing happens too much in this genre of music. :erk: The bands aren't making a ton of money, so it's hard for members to stay in bands that are scattered across the globe. With that said, I enjoyed the Avian disc the most out of Lance's recent projects, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in the future. :kickass:

Hhmm...to me, Tad Morose was a good band before Urban. Sender of Thoughts is my favorite from them which had a very good vocalist on it. They were making waves before Urban joined them. l'm sure TM will get an adequate replacement as will Pyramaze. As others have said, Bone Carver just didn't strike me as the debut did. So, maybe a change was necessary.

As fans we tend to imprint on the first vocalist we hear with a band. Like with Swordlord, Urban was the first singer for TM that I heard. Hopefully both bands will find someone that's more than just "adequate," because the vocalists they'll be replacing were STELLAR!!

ShOkrOk; you need to stop now! You are trying to light a fire when there's not even a spark of light. Nobody is shaming nobody here. Lance put out his own statement before the official statement of the band, and to explain why two statements were put out, people needed to know the circumstances. The band is not responsible for their statement being put out on various forums, and therefore no member of the band can be accused of trying to shame Lance. In fact remarks like the one you've made here are the ones who fire up a debate in the first place. The band has not made one single post about the parting of ways with Lance, EXCEPT for the official announcement that was released last week, so please stop accusing the band for stuff they haven't done, and could we please move on here......

I don't think she's trying to light any fires here. No matter what sort of problems occurred and led to this breakup, Lance's press release seemed to take the high road without pointing any fingers. The band's started that way but by the end it came across as "Shame on you for putting out your press release first." Like she said, "Who cares?" That just seemed petty and while the band isn't the ones posting their press release everywhere, they knew it would happen when they wrote it. I do agree though that it's time for everyone to move on.

I don't think she's trying to light any fires here. No matter what sort of problems occurred and led to this breakup, Lance's press release seemed to take the high road without pointing any fingers. The band's started that way but by the end it came across as "Shame on you for putting out your press release first." Like she said, "Who cares?" That just seemed petty and while the band isn't the ones posting their press release everywhere, they knew it would happen when they wrote it. I do agree though that it's time for everyone to move on.

Agreed. That last bit should have been left out entirely and came across as a little childish to me. *shrug* Like Stan said, though, why does it really matter anyway?

Shaye

You know, I've sat back and kept my mouth shut through this whole thing, but seeing how everyone wants to draw their own conclusions, I thought I'd add my two cents. There are reasons that none of us know about except Lance and the boys and its THEIR business, not ours, so unless you were there and have insider information about what this is about, it's best to keep out of it and let this die on its own and quit drawing your own conclusions.
Just remember, things aren't always what they seem on the surface. So while you may think the rest of the band came off as petty and childish in their rebuttal, you have to remember- there are always 3 sides to a story. Side A, Side B and the truth. Enough is enough already!
Glenn, kill this thread already will ya? ;)

You know, I've sat back and kept my mouth shut through this whole thing, but seeing how everyone wants to draw their own conclusions, I thought I'd add my two cents. There are reasons that none of us know about except Lance and the boys and its THEIR business, not ours, so unless you were there and have insider information about what this is about, it's best to keep out of it and let this die on its own and quit drawing your own conclusions.
Just remember, things aren't always what they seem on the surface. So while you may think the rest of the band came off as petty and childish in their rebuttal, you have to remember- there are always 3 sides to a story. Side A, Side B and the truth. Enough is enough already!
Glenn, kill this thread already will ya? ;)

am ash, in all fairness these guys come onto this forum to talk with us, so naturally people get involved and form opinions. That's human nature, so I don't believe anyone means any disrespect to Lance or the Pyramaze guys. We're all guilty of being a little over passionate at times about our music and bands, don't you think? In my opinion, most people here hate to see these guys part ways, so we're a little disappointed and mad at the same time. That just goes to show them that we were loving what they were doing that's all.

I made no comment on what may or may not have happpened... I don't have a clue, and it's completely irrelevant to my statement. If they wanted to keep it "in house," that statement surely was not the way to do it.

Shaye

Why can't we all just ... get along???