I HAVE HEARD THE NEW PYRAMAZE!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
To quote Butthead ... "I've seen the top of the mountain ... and it is good!"

Last week, Lance King played the first three songs off of the new Pyramaze CD for me. To say that this disc will slay you is a gross understatement. The band has matured musically and technically and the album sounds like a story-telling epic in the making. I cannot wait to hear the whole thing!

Save your money, it will be out on February 28, 2006!

http://www.pyramaze.com/

Well of course, isnt that an obvious thing. I mean really "Souls In Pain" that has to be one of the most awesome tracks I have ever heard!!

Also kind of off topic, but I work at Subway and I can play my own cds without cursing or death metal vox. Anyway out of all the metal albums I have listened to at work Avian gets the most, "Whats this? it rocks"

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Also kind of off topic, but I work at Subway and I can play my own cds without cursing or death metal vox. Anyway out of all the metal albums I have listened to at work Avian gets the most, "Whats this? it rocks"

Killer artwork also on the Avian cover. Probably my favorite cover of 2005. Oooo, there's a new thread!

I enjoy the Avian although I like the first Pyramaze a bit better. The Avian disc is sound musically, it's just the mix or production that seems a little off to me. The guitars are a bit too "tinny" and the vocals a bit too muffled and buried in the mix. If I turn the treble down to soften the guitars, Lance's voice becomes even more muffled. If I turn up the treble to sharpen Lance's voice, the guitars are way too sharp and distorted. Other than that, the songwriting and performances on the Avian are great.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:

I had AVIAN playing at my Thanksgiving Party this year and got this same reaction. :headbang:

Incidentally, that was going to be my next post in my own thread about songs getting stuck in your head, I have "THE FEAR" going in my head non-stop, especially that echo-y little vocal part over the chorus, it's just playing in my head like a spooky choir and it won't leave!

I need a Lance-King-Exorcism! :loco:

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Well of course, isnt that an obvious thing. I mean really "Souls In Pain" that has to be one of the most awesome tracks I have ever heard!!

no death metal vox? I would take that to the supreme court as a form of discrimintation...err so ignorant

hahahahahahahahaa

"Good morning, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Robinson. Nice seeing you sitting in the park yesterday, feeding the pigeons. Here's some CRADLE OF FILTH!"

Note to Andrew: have a standby backup daytime job handy. :D

<ontopic> Thanks to Yan L. for sending me the Avian CD; it's good. I've already played it on my radio show, and will again.

SwordLord said:
To quote Butthead ... "I've seen the top of the mountain ... and it is good!"

Last week, Lance King played the first three songs off of the new Pyramaze CD for me. To say that this disc will slay you is a gross understatement. The band has matured musically and technically and the album sounds like a story-telling epic in the making. I cannot wait to hear the whole thing!

Save your money, it will be out on February 28, 2006!

http://www.pyramaze.com/

Pyramaze is gaining some ground! I hope Glenn takes notice!

How bout' I help out a little......PYRAMAZE FOR PROGPOWER VII!!!!!! There, I said it. :D

edgeofthorns said:
Pyramaze is gaining some ground! I hope Glenn takes notice!

How bout' I help out a little......PYRAMAZE FOR PROGPOWER VII!!!!!! There, I said it. :D
PYRAMAZE FOR PROGPOWER VII!!!!!!! Yes indeed!!!!! Let's go everyone PYRAMAZE< PYRAMAZE.

The Fiddler said:
Killer artwork also on the Avian cover. Probably my favorite cover of 2005. Oooo, there's a new thread!

I enjoy the Avian although I like the first Pyramaze a bit better. The Avian disc is sound musically, it's just the mix or production that seems a little off to me. The guitars are a bit too "tinny" and the vocals a bit too muffled and buried in the mix. If I turn the treble down to soften the guitars, Lance's voice becomes even more muffled. If I turn up the treble to sharpen Lance's voice, the guitars are way too sharp and distorted. Other than that, the songwriting and performances on the Avian are great.

I will agree with you 100% the productin is a little bit off. When I first put the album in, I was like wow this isnt even half as good as Pyramaze. Then with more listens to totally grew on me and now I love the album.

Okay. To edgeofthorns. For mentioning the Cookie Monster.

Remember that Dragonforce video that was bounced around with those kids acting out whatever drug-induced skit they came up with?

I'ma make a Kataklysm video. With the Cookie Monster. I'ma either make a muppet, or just take video clips and splice it together with the band's video.

I'll make millions!!!

*needs to get Pyramaze*

Bryan316 said:
Okay. To edgeofthorns. For mentioning the Cookie Monster.

Remember that Dragonforce video that was bounced around with those kids acting out whatever drug-induced skit they came up with?

I'ma make a Kataklysm video. With the Cookie Monster. I'ma either make a muppet, or just take video clips and splice it together with the band's video.

I'll make millions!!!

*needs to get Pyramaze*

:D :headbang:

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I will agree with you 100% the productin is a little bit off. When I first put the album in, I was like wow this isnt even half as good as Pyramaze. Then with more listens to totally grew on me and now I love the album.

Wow, this is spooky because that was IMMEDIATELY my first reaction. However, I always try to give something 3 or 4 legit listens before I dismiss it. So I listened to Avian again and then I just couldn't get enough of it. Overall I think I still prefer Pyramaze, but the Avian disc has some moments of sheer metal brilliance that cannot be denied!

SwordLord said:
Wow, this is spooky because that was IMMEDIATELY my first reaction. However, I always try to give something 3 or 4 legit listens before I dismiss it. So I listened to Avian again and then I just couldn't get enough of it. Overall I think I still prefer Pyramaze, but the Avian disc has some moments of sheer metal brilliance that cannot be denied!

Maybe this connection that we have is the Metal Gods trying to tell me that I need to come to Sonata Arctica and we can formally meet. Then again it could be just a coincindence, though I would like to come either way.

SwordLord said:

This should be a "metal law" - at least 4 listens before you pass judgement
on a disc; I don't know how you can even begin to hear all the intricacies and deep melodic themes in the music unless you do this!

Neal