KING CONQUER - BRUTE DEATHCORE - GAHHHHH

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/786150/Sonic%20Assault%20Studios/KC%20-%20Song%204%20MASTER%20MP3.mp3

FINALLY!

Produced/Mixed/Mastered by myself (Charles) and Phil (demisephil here on the forums)!

Tracked through an M-BOX2 MINI :)heh:)!

GTR's reamped by the love of my life, Ryan (Catharsis)!

Any questions, just ask!

EDIT: All I've left to do is raise the vox like, 1dB and automate the rest of the EP! Oh, and drums sound kinda gay/weak when not as mechanical sounding, goes w/the genre I suppose! I may automate the snare down in the blasts, though!

Sounds huge man! Love it!
Maybe a bit to mechanic drums, but if thats what the band wanted.. as a whole the sound is great though.
Guitars sound awesome, great work you and Ryan :)
And i hear dirty as fuck bass, which is allways a plus in my book :)

JB!

Hearing some clipping, especially on the individual guitar parts, but otherwise this is tearing me a new asshole :headbang: 5150 Ryan? And that kick/snare, my good god :kickass: Are the drums all programmed? What'd you use? (I'm guessing Slate?) Seriously, this is quite stupendous, no nitpicking to be found here!

Oh, and +1 on the awesome bass, what'd you guys use?

Seriously - Ryan godammit, how do you get such rip-roarin' tones out of a 5150 through Recto cab, a combo that I mainly associate with tones like on Daath's "The Concealers", which fits great in the mix and all but to my ears has such a nasty, sorta dirty character to it, whereas yours are just so awesomely middy and chunky - I give it up to you dude! :headbang:

wow dude. that sounds amazing! vox could maybe come up a hair, and I hear a little loose double on screams here and there. guitars sound insane! nice work guys! sounds like you did some post eqing/processing on the slate samples?

Thanks for all the replies dudes, glad you're digging it!

As far as the drums, we programmed them (cymbals and all) w/SSD 3.5. The only thing you hear as far as drums sounds that are Slate are the toms!

The Kick/Snare are multiple samples stacked up and each had hp/lp to get the respective low-end, beef, and snap in each so all the samples compliment each other when played back as one cohesive hit. I like working this way better.

I thinkkk there is a little Z4 tucked in there from the old zep snare but I tuned it down like -13, fucked with the (ADSR) envelope for it and used it to give the snare a little subtle girth.

No Kick 10 and Snare 12a here, boys =D

Bass was a BTB w/Batrolini's through our CL 7602 MKII with the pre-amp cranked for that neve gooey-ness and then trimmed via it's output as to not clip the convertors.

After that, I don't remember! Lotsa creative grit going on and then AmpegSVX processed to hell and back!

Thanks again dudes!

give us some info on how u did vocals with an mbox!

So crushing!
signal chain in PT? anything u did would be great as im tracking through an mbox atm

one of the better attempts at programming drums ive heard... the cymbals actually sound half realistic on most parts. good job. much velocity tweaking?

one of the better attempts at programming drums ive heard... the cymbals actually sound half realistic on most parts. good job. much velocity tweaking?

on cymbals and certain snare/tom fills, TONS AND TONS. Took a lot of experimenting, but I think I've got a handle on it now!

VOX: Vox were SM7B through our CL 7602 MKII w/X-Mod input fairly out to get that neve gooey-ness then straight into Cubase w/the Tube-Tech CL1B plug being printed directly to the track as we recorded.

Thanks everyone!!

Hearing some clipping, especially on the individual guitar parts, but otherwise this is tearing me a new asshole :headbang: 5150 Ryan? And that kick/snare, my good god :kickass: Are the drums all programmed? What'd you use? (I'm guessing Slate?) Seriously, this is quite stupendous, no nitpicking to be found here!

Oh, and +1 on the awesome bass, what'd you guys use?

Yo Marcus, Cheers for your input! I'm glad you dig the kick/snare as I was a bit unsure about them. I knew I thought they rocked, but that's just me, lol.

Yes, Slate 3.5 for cymbals and toms! Kick/Snare was routed elsewhere and layered with about 3 samples each for kick and the snare!

Bass was a BTB w/Bartolini's through our CL 7602 MKII w/again, the input cranked up for extra neve goo and dirt. Beyond that, I really don't remember, lol. Probably AmpegSVX, a little carving and creative eq and copious amounts of L2 to keep that fucker in the forefront!

that guitar tone makes me feel so inadequate in every possible way. as an engineer, as a human being, as everything
WORLD ENDING