King Diamond Vs. Mercyful Fate

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
I thought this would be a neat comparison. Kinda like saying "who do you like better, Ozzy or Sabbath?" Well, here goes....

WHO DO YOU LIKE BETTER - KING DIAMOND (solo) or MERCYFUL FATE????

I think this is a tough one. Right now I can't get enough of either but I think I like the KD solo discs that I've heard just a tad better than the MF discs...but it is close...

As an admittedly new KD/MF fan, I just wondered what you longtime fans thought?

Neither the singer sucks in both (bad the bands are very good).:Spin:

hmmmm.....King Diamond. His music is a bit more atmospheric and i like atmosphere. He tells great stories with his music, Andy LeRoque is one hell of a guitarist, and quite frankly, the overly blunt satanic posturing of Mercyful Fate is a little hard to swallow and harder to get into.

Although Mercyful Fate Is More Evil, I Still Must Say That King Diamond Is Better, Probally Because Every Cd Kicks Ass, The Stories Are Such A Cute Added Little Bonus.
Didn't Anyone Else Think That "the Puppet Master" Was Good. The Dvd Was A Litlle Bothersome.

King Diamond easily for me. More interesting music. Great stories, great atmosphere, twisted sound, killer guitars from Andy and a little more melodic than Mercyful Fate too.