King Diamond, Mercyful Fate reissues

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Has anyone else seen these new King Diamond/Mercyful Fate "Best of"s and remastered reissues out? They look awesome. SIXXSWINE got me into them and I was looking at the store yesterday just for shits and giggles to see if they had any KD/MF and I saw some great looking stuff. I almost picked up ABIGAIL but haven't really heard it...I went with the ZOMBIE disc instead (limited funds). I must say that since coming to ultimatemetal.com I have developed a desire to rediscover a lot of old favorites and try checking out some new stuff too! (Mercyful Fate is, I'm sure one of you guy's OLD favorites!)

Anyway, thanks to you guys for turning me back onto and rediscovering some great metal I may have looked over..................

"If they're waiting for an apology they'd better pack a lunch!"
-Ted Nugent
Words to live by!

You were inches away from greatness with Abigail, my friend. I would definately pick that one up in the future!!

"We are gathered here tonight, to lay to rest Abigail LeFey, who we now know, was firstborn dead on the seventh day of July, 1777..."

Now I have to pull that one out for the work truck tomorrow...

I haven't seen the MF/KD best of collections yet. I have to look up on the website to see if they are evn out yet. If I recall there wasn't anything "new or rare" on any of those collections. I think the cool part was that they were having fans of the the bands doing the liners. I think Dave Ellefson was doing the liners for the MF collection. That would be kind of cool....

Yeah, the store I was in had both the KD/MF collections with liners by Effelson as well as a couple other MF/KD discs remastered w/bonus tracks. If only I'd had another 15 clams I would have gotten at least one of them....

tedvanfrehley said:
I must say that since coming to ultimatemetal.com I have developed a desire to rediscover a lot of old favorites and try checking out some new stuff too! (Mercyful Fate is, I'm sure one of you guy's OLD favorites!)

Have you heard Edguy? Ted I Think you might like them :) They are a GREAT German Power metal Band

For some reason, I prefer the Mercyful Fate tunes more than the KD. Yeah, Edguy, is pretty good. I saw them last year at ProgPower III USA. I wanna see KD this year on tour, but he's not coming too close.

sixxswine said:
I disagree with the Voodoo recommendation.
That's one of Diamond's Weakest moments...
Sorry. House of God is great and all the other oldies(Them, Abigail, Conspiracy) by KD.

That's cool. We're all entitled to our own opinions. :p
I'm not sure what it is about Voodoo that I like, to be honest... I just know it makes good background music while I'm sitting at my computer. :p

House of God is really good, btw! I really enjoy that album. :)

Well thanks to dcon and swine on this matter...I am hitting the used bins tomorrow and i think there's a copy of spider's lullaby if nobody's bought it yet. we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love used cd stores. There's a cornucopia (sp?) of metal everyday!
"At my door the leaves are fallin', a cold wild wind will come. Sweethearts walk by together, and I still miss someone"
JOHNNY CASH RIP