King Travolta – Kill Fuck Metal

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
King Travolta – Kill Fuck Metal
Corley Music - No Barcode – Out Now
By Dan Fisher

King_travolta_-_album_cover.jpg

Okay, I have a confession to make. No it’s not that I secretly liked Cradle of Filth’s last effort, but this: I don’t like sludgecore. Maybe it’s because I haven’t listened to enough or maybe I’m just prejudiced by the deliberately slow, funeral procession-like dirge. Whatever. The point is, I haven’t listened to sludge without thinking I could be using my time more wisely, perhaps chatting up a raven haired wench in a bar somewhere. Now I’m going to shock myself by saying I was at times impressed by the offerings from the elegantly titled Kill Fuck Metal album by King Travolta. This sludge super group was started by Fistula’s Corey Bing in the early part of the millennium and has seen more personnel shuffle through its ranks than Black Sabbath. ‘The music, what about the music’? I hear you cry! Well…

Some of the riffing is great and some of it isn’t. Some of the drumming is great and some of it sounds like a small child has found his mother’s pots and pans for the first time. My favourite tracks are ’Everything Ends’ and ’Angels of Evolution’ although there are some other good tracks such as ’Spit The Venom’ that feature Dr Maxar Berezium of 100000leaguesundermynutsack on vocals. Inevitably, the line up changes make for a disjointed ride, stylistically, and also in the quality of the songs produced.

Positives taken from Kill Fuck Metal include the creation of a malevolent atmosphere that uses sledgehammer guitar hooks to tenderize the listener’s ear canals. Negatives are the erratic song quality that frustrates the listener. I would recommend you check out the aforementioned ‘good tracks’ I picked out above before shelling out any money.

Official King Travolta Website
Official Corley Music Website