Kings of Comedy (Alpha Mail)

Mar 4, 2002
That may have been my favorite Alpha Mail rant ever. I fucking hate those comedy groups. I think the worst offender of all is Cedric The Entertainer. What kind of gall does this guy have to have the word "Entertainer" in his name? Find me three people who have ever been entertained by him. That would be like Britney Spears calling herself Britney The Singer. Someone forgot to tell the "Kings" of "Comedy" that "white people crazy" was hack about five years ago.

Blue Collar Comedy may even be worse. I can't stand it when I'm watching Comedy Central and I see commercials for their repugnant show. "Who's ready to get er done?!" :puke:Anyone who thinks they're funny should kill themselves.

Everybody's got dif comedy tastes. I actually like redneck humor, grew up with half my family being rednecks. Scary thing is some of those jokes resemble that side of the family. I myself, never grew up on a farm, never rode a bull (mechanical once after drinking some, and I sure did a bad job, wonder if I got the record for quickest bucking). I don't like Cedric, but some people like him that I know. I liked Robin Williams Live on Broadway. Last Spring, before moving here to Portland, a bar had comedy night and had professional comics come in, they were funny. Some of them anyways. But everyone has different tastes.

I hate that Blue coller comedy shit. Jeff Foxworthys stuff was a little funny 10 years ago. But that show has to go. That Larry the Cable guy needs to be put to sleep. He is the un-funniest guy ever. I agree with Scott Ian 100%

Scott being a displaced New Yawker in LaLa land can't appreciate those guys like middle americans. Foxworthy is indeed played out, and the cable guy is getting old. I do however like that guy with the cigarette in one hand and the whiskey in the other AT ALL TIMES. He is pretty funny. I also happen to find Cedric to be funny as hell.

I have to say I pretty much agree with TD on this one. I've been surrounded by rednecks my whole life so I can definitely appreciate that kind of humor unlike Scott who's lived in NY and LA all his life. I do have to admit that Larry the Cable Guy and Foxworthy really get under my skin though. But Ron White (the whiskey & cig guy) kills me. "They call me Tater Salad":tickled:
I think Bernie Mac's stand up stuff is pretty funny too, can't say the same for his TV show and movie career though. I havn't seen enough of the other "Kings of Comedy" :rolleyes: to really have an opinion on them.

I like the Redneck jokes. Reminds me of some of the family. And the Kings of Comedy are pretty good. I'm from LA and I get the jokes. LA\CA is diverse not only culturally but city\rural wise too.

My Dad is from Des Moines and my was born in OK but was raised in Central CA (which is an agricultural area which is like our mid west). Maybe thats why I get a lot of the jokes.

Also, the what is called the Inland Empire out here is also sort of redeck.

BTW - I prefer Carlos Mencinia or old Kinison.

The Kings Of Comedy were so named because of the vast amounts of money they were making on their own shows. No one was even coming close to them when they combined, thusly 'Kings'.

Cedric The Entertainer was named because when he was first starting he was doing comedy, singing, dancing, and anything else.

When family reunion activities include barnyard golf, drunk volleyball (with a beachball, not even a real beachball) and the teams were drunk adults against the snuck alcohol drunk teens, it gets entertaining. Jeff Foxworthy "you might be a redneck if the last words you say before losing consciouseness is, 'hey y'all, watch this'." that's some of my family on that side.

I'm not into the redneck humor thing....but of the six, I gotta say, I like Bernie Mac the best. His show can be funny.

KY_Fried442 said:
I've been surrounded by rednecks my whole life of
This is exactly why I hate that shit. The rednecks around me aren't funny, and neither are the pretend ones who make jokes about ignorant people. The King's Of Comedy are over. Hughes (or whoever) is not funny and I for one cannot understand a damn thing Bernie Mac says, ever. And his act in the movie is totally undecipherable. Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are much, much funnier. And Carlin makes those rednecks look like imbeciles.

DarbysDad said:
I.

BTW - I prefer Carlos Mencinia or old Kinison.

Carlos is funny as hell...those two HBO specials he had were the shit. I still laugh just thinking about them.

Chappelle is a flash in the pan. Funny, but he won't last.

The true Gods of comedy, in order are:

1. Mark Twain
2. Richard Pryor
3. George Carlin

They're eternal.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Denis Leary kicks all of their asses.

Yea, Mistress brat, Leary is funny. I like Colin Quinn too. But Carlin has to be all-time champ, just a C-hair in front of Pryor.