King's X

Sevlar

Brazillian Fan
Sep 15, 2002
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi everybody!!!

I was on the net today, reading the posts of the forum to get more information to put into my Enchant WebSite, and I´ve read some posts where the members and some users are commenting about King's X.:hotjump:

I never listened any of their albuns, and I even dont know what kind of music they do. o_O
In fact if Enchant´s members listen to it, maybe I can listen to and love their music.:D:D:D

Please can someone tell me more about the band, influences and what albuns I should listen to?

King's X are great! This is a three-piece band: Doug Pinnick (bass hero and most lead vocals), Ty Tabor (guitar maestro and some lead vocals) and finally Jerry Gaskill (drums / no one grooves like him). They are from Texas and I would call their music "power groove rock". Trademarks are the low tuned bass and guitar, and their wonderful harmony vocals. They have just released their tenth studio album in 15 years, it's called "Black like sunday". This new masterpice contains 14 songs, that they wrote at the beginning of the eighties when they were called "Sneak preview". They have changed their sound after the first 4 albums, which were produced by Sam Taylor. Most diehard fans love the cd "Gretchen goes to Nebraska" which was released 1990?!? Since then they have stripped their sound down. I like it a lot. This music has nothing to do with Enchant's music except that they are also fabulous musicians who can write great, catchy songs. They had a minor hit with "It's love" in 1991.

more information on www.kingsonline.com

bye
wolfgang

I've never really been able to "get into" Kings X, even though they've had a good following for a couple decades I think.

I've tried a few times over the last.. oh.. about 20 years to understand them, but it just doesn't do anything for me. The only album I own of theirs is, Faith, Hope, Love.

It seems like they've been around forever though.

- Frank

Kings X is amazing their vocal harmonies are incredible and the sound is very raw but in a good sense. I got into Kings X when they first came out. A local radio station in Long Beach, California (for those who remember one of the few only metal stations) KNAC played this track from the album Out of the Silent Planet I believe it was King and I was floored by it. Personally, if you have to listen to a Kings X album to get familiar with I would say Gretchen goes to Nebraska! That album for me is in my all time top 50 list...it is so diverse and incredibly well written...some great songs are: Summerland, Mission, Fall on Me and Over my head...excellent stuff!

I don't think you can go wrong with this band but don't expect Enchant like music as well.

King's X is such a wonderful band ! I'd say they're a crossover between bands like The Beatles, Queen & Aerosmith.

Doug has such feeling in his voice sometimes he'd give you a chill in the spine !
I got all of their records and love them all obviously. My favorites cd's from them are Gretchen Goes To Nebraska and Dogman ! :headbang:

However here in France they're very popular to press people, have good reviews but they don't sell that much though and it goes the same for what's about touring ! I cross my fingers for they will come in France later this year !

First I have heard of King's X music, was Black Like Sunday.
To tell the truth, I turned it off after about five songs, it did nothing at all for me, I was disappointed, after hearing great things about this band.

Just my two cents!