Kirk Hammet says ...

I really am starting to believe that Megadeth had a bigger following in Europe than in the US ...

Megadeth bigger than Metallica in Europe? No way. I saw Metallica headline at Milton Keynes on their black album tour, supported by Megadeth. Now if that isn't a once in a lifetime event, I don't know what is. :kickass:

Megadeth bigger in Europe than they are in the US? Very possibly. Megadeth have a much more European sound than Slayer or Anthrax, for example. Anthrax was never as big in Europe as the other three, for the same reason Pantera never gained any attention. Just way too American sounding (not enough NWOBHM influence). I don't know what it's like today, but I suspect bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are unknown in Europe compared to the US.

P.S. original Clash of the Titans tour in Europe was co-headlined between Slayer and Megadeth. In the US, there is no way Megadeth could headline above Slayer.

P.P.S. Megadeth couldn't headline over Slayer in Germany either, but then very few bands could. In Germany, Slayer are an mullet-like institution. But I digress...

P.S. original Clash of the Titans tour in Europe was co-headlined between Slayer and Megadeth. In the US, there is no way Megadeth could headline above Slayer.

P.P.S. Megadeth couldn't headline over Slayer in Germany either, but then very few bands could. In Germany, Slayer are an mullet-like institution. But I digress...

how could anyone headline over this???????????

and who 20 years later can still do THIS !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME live, actually. And these days Bobby constantly runs on and off stage between his vocal lines for a quick puff from a cigarette.

File Overkill with the other thrash bands I simply don't get, along with Testament and Megadeth.
Try these songs in a row three times and you shall be convinced: Overkill, The Nightmare Continues, Under the Influence, Evil Never Dies, Deny the Cross.
I'll upload them for you tomorrow if you a) remind me and b) want me to

I'll be in a plane over Europa, headed for Australia, then. Teachers get the bestest vacations ever! :cool:

Thanks, though! Maybe I'll remind you when I get back home...