KISS with THE ACADEMY IS opening?!?!

So, which leg of the farewell tour is this? 18?

Friggin' ridiculous.

I have to agree with you tho I am a big fan.
I won't go see them live anymore, without Ace and Peter.
While Peter Criss is the most useless drummer of all time (IE - his drumming live is 100% triggered, tho even a 2 year old could notice tihs), Ace was a major part of their live show.

Anyhow, Gene and Paul have both stated that KISS as a brand is bigger than any member, and that it could continue even without Paul or Gene.

I have to agree with you tho I am a big fan.
I won't go see them live anymore, without Ace and Peter.
While Peter Criss is the most useless drummer of all time (IE - his drumming live is 100% triggered, tho even a 2 year old could notice tihs), Ace was a major part of their live show.

Anyhow, Gene and Paul have both stated that KISS as a brand is bigger than any member, and that it could continue even without Paul or Gene.

Saw them in the fall for the first time. Awesome show, regardless of people thinking it still isn't Kiss. Personally, I think Eric Singer is a better drummer, so him not in the band doesn't affect me. I would've loved to have seen Ace though, but that won't be in the cards. I honestly can't imagine Kiss surviving without Paul or Gene though.

Regardless if it would survive or not, KISS's success has been largely due to Gene's confidence. Regardless of what people think of him, he is a VERY smart man. He has taken many risks which have mostly proven successful for him. Unlike Ozzy, he has done reality TV while still retaining (some) dignity. :)

I heard they were good last time they came. While I don't doubt it, I still have no interest in seeing it. If I had never seen them before, then I might think differently.

Just like I have never seen Deep Purple, and would love to someday, there are probably long time fans that have no interest without Jon Lord or Blackmore.